Thread: Half Awake/Half Asleep/Hearing Voices/Terrified!

Half Awake/Half Asleep/Hearing Voices/Terrified!

Hey guys,

So this is two times in about 2 months where I wake up around 10am and I'm in an in between state. I'm awake and aware of my surroundings but at the same time I'm drifting off again at the same time.

Both times I've been getting these things and I'm hearing voices in my head and they're kind of creepy. I don't understand a word but they freak me out. Some how I eventually fully awake and it all goes away.

I'm really desperate for some relatable situations cuz I'm scared to go to bed tonight guys. Is there anyone here who's experienced this please please let me know.

Thanks so much!

Re: Half Awake/Half Asleep/Hearing Voices/Terrified!

Hypnagogia. Hearing sounds, including voices, when you are half awake is not that uncommon. I don't hear things but I do see things, mostly little kids standing beside my bed or cats in my closet. Once I saw a green man hanging from my ceiling. All this happens when our brains are trying to make the transition from the dream world to the real world. It can be scary but it's nothing serious.

Thank you for replying! I'd rather hear voices than see things! I hate it and it really creeps me out. It's like I'm scared to go to sleep not because of it.

When it first started happening to me I thought I was going crazy. I didn't have HA then but I was pregnant and having some panic attacks at night, the last thing I needed was thinking I was seeing ghosts!

I remember having these hallucinations when I was younger and my sleep was deeper! I might slowwwly wake up and hearing things. Now I'm rarely "half asleep" so it doesn't happen anymore.

I just had a nice memory: once my father came into my room when I was still in bed and asked me to do something. I replied coherently. But during the day I didn't remember anything about that! My father got angry like I ignored what he had told me, but I really didn't remember! "But you replied to me."

Thread Information