Thread: Hi everyone

Hi everyone

Hi,

I'm a new member just signed up today, i'm a 22 year old female and have been suffering with panic attacks for nearly ten years.

I was on medication for two years then i tried CBT twice, both unsuccessful and have recently finished a load of hypnotherapy sessions which have helped a lot.

I did at one point think i had control over them but then i realised that i wasn't experiencing panic attacks anymore because i completely avoided any experience which would probably cause one and as a result now i hardly leave the house, my relationship with my partner has been affected because i can't go over to his for fear of having a panic attack, i cant go out to dinner, can't go to the cinema or meet friends etc...

So yeah, feel in a bit of a pickle at the moment

x

Re: Hi everyone

kipperefish

Sorry to here that. A common situation with many people on here.

Hopefully you will some info and support here.

Smile Re: Hi everyone

know just how you feel I am in avoidance at moment and it also causes strain on relationship so right there with you

Re: Hi everyone

Hello &

I can totally relate to your comments about avoiding things that made you anxious. Take small steps forward if you can, even if it's just a 5 minute walk up the road and back. The more you do it the easier it will become. There is nothing worse than being a prisoner of your anxiety, and it is very hard for our loved ones to understand.

I hope you find the support and help that I have done being here.

Kitti

Thread Information