Thread: Mirtazapine help!

Mirtazapine help!

Hey guys, was put on mirt yesterday 15mg for anxiety and depression, its safe to say that as soon as i took a tablet i was like a zombie, i managed to sleep right through but found it extrenely hard to wake up this morning
    The weight gain side effect is scaring the hell out of me i really dont want to be on these meds for long, im back to see doc in 3 weeks
    Whats your advice, how long should i stay on these tabs
    Thanks

Re: Mirtazapine help!

I was on them for three weeks. The full effects didn't take place until I took them for a couple of weeks. Don't be scared at this point. They might be very good for you in your situation. Seeing a doctor regularly as you get used to them is a good idea.

Being sleepy is very usual. I felt that myself, but I had enjoyed that initial calm zone when I started because I was so starved of sleep by that point. But what might be a calm zone for me might be very different for you.

Only you know how you feel on mirtazapine, and if it is right for you or not. Give it a go, but if it's not doing you any good in a few weeks, come off it again. I did, it wasn't the nicest experience but because I only took it for 21 days it wasn't too bad to ease off them. Uncomfortable, but manageable with some valium for the really bad moments (usually just anxiety spikes that wouldn't respond to CBT and relaxation). It was worth a try at any rate.

Diagnosed: Depression, Assault trauma, Generalised Anxiety Disorder

Being Investigated: OCD, Adult ADD

Prescriptions: Fluoxetine, Amitryptiline, Mefenamic Acid.

Ι also think that you need time in order to decide whether this med is good or not for you. What you should know is that mirtazapin is one of the safest meds in the market - see vikipedia. If you are like me, who doesn`t feel comfortable with changing madications, give it a go. Be patient for some time and you`ll see for yourself.

Good luck and keep in touch

Docs recommend 6 months minimum usually to stay on meds

Hi Guys,
    I have just gone through the worst 4 weeks of my life. My GP prescribed Escitalopram 10mg morning and my OMG I have suffered. From the 1st week I began to experience a 'wired ' feeling, serious insomnia with major panic attacks (sometimes 4 times a day). I had nausea, stomach jitters and akasthisia (sensation of inner restlessnes). 2 attendances at A&E revealled high BP. Last monday I collapsed due to adverse effects and ended up at A&E. Horrible medication. Nursing staff gave me a large dose of diazapam (10mg) and I finally slept. I dont know how im here to tell you this tale.

I have been on Mirtazapine 15mg night since last wednesday...my prayers for some 'peace' have been answered..this has calmed me and allowed me some desperately needed sleep.Im not too worried about gaining some weight as I lost a stone in a month.

Has anyone else experienced an adverse reaction to escitalopram or other (SSRI) like this?? Mirtazapine appears to be helping me and im just so very glad for that.

Smile Re: Mirtazapine help!

Hi I have been on Mirtazapine since January, started at 15mgs now take 45mgs at night have had no side effects or weight gain

Thread Information