Thread: Been having weird tingling feelings in my chest

Been having weird tingling feelings in my chest

Ever since Sunday night, i have been having these annoying tingling sensations around my chest, they normally only come at one and for a second, but i think every sensation i get is a sign of some kind of serious medical emergency, i thought i was having a blood clot in my lungs, despite the fact i could breath properly still.

The next day when i was at school, i had a panic attack over it, and had to be taken home, i begged my mother to take me to the hospital for a scan but she took me to our GP instead, who checked me out (heart rate, blood pressure, temp and breathing) and said i was alright. But i am still having these feelings and almost having panic attacks all the time at the moment. Keep thinking i will die the next day all the time.

I am honestly unsure whats going on at this point, i feel anxious almost all the time this week and im sick of it. My mother thinks its due to my joints being rather stiff, which they are, but i can't tell who to trust.

Re: Been having weird tingling feelings in my chest

These sound like anxiety muscle twitches or spasms, or maybe a nerve thing depending on what you mean by tingling. Either way, very common with anxiety and try not to worry about them if the doc says you're fine. I know any weird chest sensations can be scary, but there's an awful lot of muscles and nerves in the chest that can do funny things with anxiety. A lot lf it's to do with hyperventilation, and some it's just general twitchiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaked View Post
    These sound like anxiety muscle twitches or spasms, or maybe a nerve thing depending on what you mean by tingling. Either way, very common with anxiety and try not to worry about them if the doc says you're fine. I know any weird chest sensations can be scary, but there's an awful lot of muscles and nerves in the chest that can do funny things with anxiety. A lot lf it's to do with hyperventilation, and some it's just general twitchiness.
    Today my anxiety has been low, and my chest hasn't had any tingling sensations...the past two days have been better when it comes to the pain, i think im finally calming down.

I have the same things, it's nothing to freak about. And I have anxiety too but I don't think about the things, and it makes you know your fine

Thread Information