Thread: PTSD Thread in Forum?

PTSD Thread in Forum?

Dear Moderators,

Firstly thank you so much for setting up this site. It has been of tremendous support to myself and, from what I've read, to others too. I have GAD but it stems from PTSD. Due to the nature of my work Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ( PTSD), is much more common than I knew. It doesn't just impact those who have been in the armed forces and emergency responders, but also those who have been subjected, or seen, a violent assault, those who have been threatened by violence etc etc.

While I am over the worst, and on the mend, there are very few forums for those who suffer specifically from PTSD. I was just wondering if this could be a new thread post in your ' Problems/ Issues' forum?

Thanks, in advance,

James

Re: PTSD Thread in Forum?

Hi James

We used to have a PTSD sub-forum and it was hardly ever used - just a handful of posts in it.

I also found that some people felt that because we had a PTSD forum we had "experts" that could help and of course we don't as the main focus of this site is panic and anxiety.

A lot of the posts in that forum went unanswered and it seemed unfair to "promote" a forum for PTSD when in fact we didn't really have any experts/sufferers on it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information