Thread: citalopram and bisoprolol who takes these?

citalopram and bisoprolol who takes these?

Hi,

I have been prescribed citalopram for my anxiety/depression and bisoprolol for to lower ny heart rate.

Just interested if anyone takes these? Or even both?
    I read up that yoy shouldnt take these together but I double checked with my doctor and he said they were fine to take at the same time.

Did anyone get any side effects of these tablets? I sometimes wonder of my symptoms are side effects or if the tablets arent working and my symptoms are just still present.

Such as tiredness, no energy, dizzy, feeling sick, etc. I dont get all these symptoms all at the same time and I wouldnt say they were extreme. Just interested if anyone else felt like this while taking them?

I also felt like this when I was on propranolol (had to stop that because it was making me not sleep).

Thanks!

Re: citalopram and bisoprolol who takes these?

Hi,.

Im on 20 mg of citalopram.

likely side effects to start will be dizziness, nausea, dilated pupils are all normal.

I swear the citalopram has made my pupils unequal, a few others have said the same too.

loads on here take citalopram, its a very effective drug but it does not work straight away, 4 weeks really you need to give it.

good luck

Jase

Hi,
    My pupils are always dilated so I havent noticed a change I have noticed my eyes are veiny though very much so in the corner (closest to nose). Has anyone else had this? Might not be them but something I have noticed.

Thanks- well 1 week in 3 to go!

Thanks for your reply

I take Bisoprolol 10mg once a day and have been on it a few years with no problems. I am also on anti d's, diazepam and 2 meds for high BP. I must say I do often feel tired and lethargic and some dizziness (like you, not extreme) oh and eyes sometimes look a little bloodshot, but I am used to it now....I think it's probably just a combination of all the meds.

Good luck with it all. Kitti

Hi kittikat - thanks for your reply!

Im only on 2.5mg of bisoprolol- just a low dose. If you dont mind me asking what is it you take it for? Like me to lower the heart rate?

Yeah I think it must be! Do you feel anything helps you with your tiredness?

Thankyou- I am getting there

Yes it is to lower my heart rate and help with palpitations.

I am not sure anything really helps my tiredness...as much as I am tired I also don't sleep so well, I try and have a nap in the day if I can but I guess I just got used to feeling like this. I think my motivation (or lack of) doesn't help either but I do try to stay as positive as I can.

Good to hear you are getting there!

Yeah I understand what you mean- all day of feeling tired and looking forward to going to sleep- get to bed and there you are wide awake! I feel my heart more in bed and I get really tuned into it and feel every beat so then my anxiety comes alive then too!

I'm on the same 30mg cit and 5mg bisprolol. I did have a hard time with nausea and tired from insomnia but think that was the cit as now after 6 weeks I don't have either.

If you have just started cit it does take a while to work and you do get side effects like you are getting till your body adjusts.

I also took propanalol as well before but found it didn't effect me and was changed to bisprolol as it is more effective at bringing down blood pressure as mine is a bit high prob more due to anxiety than anything else.

Hi chesirecatqee

Yeah iv found bisoprolok has helped with my blood pressure. I normally have high blood pressure just slightly but since I have been taking it its now considered average
    Yeah will be due to anxiety mostly.

Thread Information