Thread: 6 weeks since my dad died its kicking in just needed a little support 💔

6 weeks since my dad died its kicking in just needed a little support 💔

Today I keep welling up I have a ache in my heart I miss him so bad I just want to see him and hear his voice 6 weeks such a little time but feels in my mind 10 years I feel like I'm being suffocated by myself like I'm gasping for air being drowned by emotions I can't escape them I wish there was a pill to take it away x

Re: 6 weeks since my dad died its kicking in just needed a little support 💔

I can relate to this, my brother passed away 3weeks ago and I keep feeling like I can't breathe and getting so emotional to the point I've made myself ill, I wish there was a pill to take the pain away but they say it will get better in time x

Hi,
    I'm so sorry you are feeling so bad right now.

I'm sure you know that what you are going through is absolutely normal and there isn't a short cut. It is truly awful but it is true that as time goes by it gets easier to bear.

When my dad died, I found the best way was to have the cries as I needed, and then remind myself of a funny or lovely memory. In time you realise that those are your own special treasure from your time together, which nobody can take away.

You describe it really well, that feeling of absolute panic that the person has gone - but his genes live on in your body, his love lives on in your heart, and his memory lives on in your mind.

You have lost his physicality but everything else is still as it was: your love, your memories, what you meant to each other. I remember when my dad died, I realised that some people are just relieved when their father is no longer around, and I felt so lucky to have had such a special relationship.

Nobody can make this better but it sounds as though you are allowing yourself to FEEL the loss, and that is the best thing you can do right now.

Much love to you. xxx

I'm very sorry to hear you're in so much turmoil. Nothing else to say really just accept my love and virtual hugs and know that you're not alone XXX

So sorry to hear what a hard time you are going through. I know it's not the same but I lost a close friend very suddenly seven years ago and there are still times now when I just want to talk to him about something so badly that it feels like a physical pain. In time the happy memories will give you more comfort but for now it's important to talk to people about how you feel and not bottle it up xxx

Thank-you all for your replies means a lot really does miss him so much today just so sad xx

Just want to send you hugs

Thread Information