Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polymyalgia rheumatica

Re: Polymyalgia rheumatica

Hi Buttonshutton,
    No, there are no prompts when someone replies are there? Anyway, I was OK at 7.5mg but when I reduced to 6.5mg I had a flare and ended up on 10mg again. I am still on 10mg and will stay there during January and if it continues to feel settled I shall start reducing again - slowly. Once I get to 8mg I shall only reduce at .5mg/month and see if I can get it down further. It's a bit of a game balancing the dose and your reactions. I am fortunate in that my GP seems to know that the disease progresses differently with everyone and she lets me dictate dosage. We speak every month and agree my next reduction but she never pushes me to reduce too quickly. As long as I let her know what I am doing she is OK.

How is it going with you? Have you joined PMR/GCAUK - the forum for sufferers - loads of good information and advice on there. Hope you are OK - take care.

You have to subscribe to the thread to know when there are updates.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi funnily enough I've just posted on the health unlocked. I joined it ages ago. Thank you. It's been a massive help. I'm buttonshutton in there too. Just had an apt with the rheumy on weds this week. Expressed my concerns of being on 2.5mg for some time as she wants for the scan as she's still doubting PMR due to my age and all day stiffness etc. i still think I'm text book as some are all day sufferers. I'm currently on 5mg and in agony. She said scans aren't taking too long please go to 2.5 next week. Then when scan booked zero for four or five days before !!!! Dreading that. A little depressed as this time last year was perfectly healthy. She said again it may be due to the vaccine as they have seen an increase in inflammatory type conditions. Like you no doubt in my mind. Glad to hear you are doing reasonably ok. Apparently we have to subscribe to the thread to see replies on here. Just gonna look into that !

Thank uou. I have now subscribed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information