Thread: Anxiety + Caffeine = Disaster!!

Anxiety + Caffeine = Disaster!!

Quite simply; avoid it! The positive effect on anxiety levels by merely switching to decaf or herbal teas is completely under-rated - even if just trading in your morning fix.

I recently stumbled across Ayurveda as a means of trying to alleviate anxiety (hey, if it's good enough for Madonna and Kylie...!) and although I'm yet to fully put my treatment programme into place, the gasp of horror that came out of the consultant's mouth when I declared my morning coffee was enough to make me make that one adjustment there and then!!!

Re: Anxiety + Caffeine = Disaster!!

Hubby made me a coffee last week, and I was so shaky afterwards. I thought I had a low blood sugar episode. He made me another on the weekend - same story. I've also stopped drinking diet cola!

Have some amazeballs 'skinny' hot chocolate though. Sugar free - cuz that makes me spaz too. lol

Caffeine in chocolate... I have swapped half my tea for decaff, but if I have none at all I get a bad head unless I cut it down gradually. Which I'm doing...

I feel my anxiety is worse after drinking or eating caffeine. I have now switched to decaf drinks and don't eat as much chocolate anymore. I think that decaff drinks do not taste at all different from the regular versions.

I get derealisation and panic attacks from coffee... i don't drink it anymore.
    No probs with chocolate

Swap for decaff, it tastes exactly the same!
    I noticed the other day, I work part time in a fast food place and get unlimited fizzy drinks, I've been having diet coke and have been feeling really anxious. I cut it out yesterday and just stuck to iced water and my anxiety levels decreased. Caffeine isn't a cause but it can aggravate panic and anxiety.

Little bit of coffee can help me to sleep. strange I know, maybe my body needs a little caffeine?.

I've swapped my coffee for peppermint and chamomile teas and feel somewhat better for it. I've completely stopped drinking fizzy drinks. I don't think caffeine is the cause of my anxiety but it certainly wasn't helping.

Thread Information