Thread: Thrush!

Thrush!

Has anyone found that natural remedies treat thrush? My friend told me to try natural yoghurt today so I am using that and I feel much better.

I get thrush once or twice a year, usually after antibiotics or in warmer weather. I think the culprit though is I bought a different brand of fabric conditioner and panty liner. In the past I have taken the oral tablet but would like to avoid it if possible because the last time I was close to being sick for 2 days and my mouth was very dry, it wasn't nice. I can't use the pessary as it burns my insides. So getting thrush isn't ideal when you struggle with treatments for it

I will take the oral tablet if needs must but I don't fancy feeling ill over the weekend when we have nice weather on its way.

Re: Thrush!

Can I ask what symptoms u get with it?
    I currently have some burning stinging and discharge issues and I was thinking it could be thrush? Had a check up for stds at the local clinic
    Never had it b4 - I bought some vagisil to see if that helps - I've heard the yogurt thing too!
    Sucks being a girl :(
    Xx

Yoghurt works well, those probiotics may help, apparently garlic... but if you get many symptoms I'd go for the treatment sooner rather than later, is all.

Natural yoghurt is the best thing really if you cannot use standard medications.

Hi Gee, I just get a slight burning down below, due to itching and discharge which is white in colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Can I ask what symptoms u get with it?
    I currently have some burning stinging and discharge issues and I was thinking it could be thrush? Had a check up for stds at the local clinic
    Never had it b4 - I bought some vagisil to see if that helps - I've heard the yogurt thing too!
    Sucks being a girl :(
    Xx

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Thank you for your replies. I have been using the yoghurt and I got the stronger strength cream and so far it is working, I feel much better. I have a gel pessary to use though if it gets bad again.

Glad u feel better, I had the same and it's all gone now enjoy your wkd x

Thread Information