Thread: Mirtazapine Withdrawal Diary

Mirtazapine Withdrawal Diary

Day 1:

Insomnia ahoy, I say as lay in my bed. It's 5am, and I lay there only to see my top bunk staring back at me. The sun is starting to rise and I wonder if my nausea will continue. Despite everything else, the world seems good today, I get ready at 8am to run some errands with Mom. The heat was awful, and my nausea got worse as the car kept riding on. Once I entered the supermarket, some relieve was achieved as I rolled in with my cart. I felt a bit anxious but thanks to CBT, I managed to get through my supermarket adventures.

I get home and end up taking a snooze and when I woke up the world felt a bit good. It was 8pm but I felt amazing after a beautiful and much needed snooze. I end up logging onto my game to greet my friends from the other side. They are happy to hear from me and we ended up leveling characters together.

The world feels good, despite the insomnia, I feel good. Like a weight been lifted. Still feeling a bit anxious, but more myself these days. I even sang with my friend, something I haven't done in so long.

However likes a sneaky snake, the nausea still lies there, on and off. But I feel less depressed, more at interest, ready to participate in my life. The fog has been cleared. Now if only I could get out of bed without being dizzy and nauseous!

Here's to better times:

Elisa (Consider)
    Diagnosis: ADHD (Combined Type) with GAD. Had Post Concussive Syndrome, as well as Occipital Neuralgia and IBS. Recovered from PCS in May 2013. Diagnosed with a kidney disease called Gitelman Syndrome in November 2015.

On natural remedies currently.

L-tryptophan and magnesium glycinate

Also taking: potassium chloride er

Re: Mirtazapine Withdrawal Diary

Hello Elisa,

I hope all goes well, care to share info about your case, like for how long you been using mirt? dosage? Was it your only med? Did you taper off? Any info you share im sure will be helpful for those using mirt like me. Take care

I was on 30mg, and tapered off. I am also on Paxil but at this time, me and my psych have both agreed it was time to taper off the mirt, and go on Paxil plus L-Tryptophan for sleep. So far my days have been joyful, and i feel like the fog has been cleared. Living with mirt was like living in a haze, despite my sickness, I feel more like myself.

Today is Day 2, and I'm feeling great. Still a bit sick, but unlike before I am beginning to cope better and my mood is improved. I love people and the world around me. I was actually talking to my therapist and she agrees that the mirt has made me feel like I was in haze, fatigued, and loss of interest in activities due to the fatigue and rage it put me in.

I try to not be alone nowadays at that puts me in a weird spot, where I am stuck with weird thoughts and fears. I make sure to socialize, and I even am going outside to take breathers.

Unlike before, with a little push, I am able to meet people, I actually met a couple of people today during a get together.

So far, still sick, but trying to make ends meet.

Best wishes to all,

Elisa/Consider
    Diagnosis: ADHD (Combined Type) with GAD. Had Post Concussive Syndrome, as well as Occipital Neuralgia and IBS. Recovered from PCS in May 2013. Diagnosed with a kidney disease called Gitelman Syndrome in November 2015.

I felt great for few weeks after stopping meds, but then hit rock bottom..
    Hope you continue to feel good though

Thank you Stormsky. Stopping the mirt my psych felt was the best thing for me now, I was mainly on it for nausea but so far the nausea I can cope with. It's not as harsh as I quite remember. My internist (GP) and my psych both felt it was time since I was running out of mirt. I am dealing well.

Has anyone experienced a sore throat while coming off mirt? ><

Day 3 and 4:

Dealing with a sore throat and earache. It hurts to swallow. Oh jeez, why me? Felt a little dizzy getting up this morning. No more headaches though, so I am pretty stoked about that. Mood is still good, even though I am under the weather.

Life itself truly is blessing. The ups and downs, the good and bad. My therapist told me I am very observant, I try to be, as I work on computers a lot. Being observant is one of the key factors of the job and my eyes are always wide open, except for when I have anxiety.

I am later going to the doctor with Mom, as this swollen throat strikes her as an infection. Never thought I would have a summer cold, or anything of the sort. I am worn out, but still moving. And hopefully as they all say, tomorrow is another day.

Hi Elisa, I took Mirtazapine for only 10 weeks and stopped it 3 weeks ago. I haven't had a sore throat or earache, I did have insomnia for a few days but no other withdrawal side effects at all.
    Good luck
    Sam

I have sat down, and now I am going to say this was a success. I haven't been posting as I was fighting a bad bacterial sinus infection. My mood has lifted, I feel more alert, and less compelled to eat the house! No more ice cream filling up my freezer lol or chocolate cravings, lol! My antibiotics are almost done, and so far, feeling better.

I am restarting school again, as I was out of school for recovering from my brain injury and anxiety. I am now well and looking forward to the rest of my life.

Thread Information