View Poll Results: What Dose are you on?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5mg

2 10.00%
  • 10mg

6 30.00%
  • 15mg

0 0%
  • 20mg

7 35.00%
  • Higher than 20mg

5 25.00%
  • Other dose in between ones mentioned

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What dose are you all on?

What dose are you all on?

Just would love to know what dose you guys are taking?

As you may or may not of read, I'm currently in a psychiatric hospital and have just had my dose upped from 10mg to 20mg this morning.

I'm expecting some very nasty side effects for a while.

Would love to know your experiences of upping a dose.

All the best

Steven

Re: What dose are you all on?

Hi Steven

I've just started on 10mg whilst reducing mirt from 30mg to 15mg and then stopping after 3 weeks. I've had a crap couple of weeks but this seems to be passing, but I'm not looking forward to stopping mirt next week

Good luck with the increase and hope it doesn't cause you too many problems.

Sue x

We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.

Actually I don't remember being born, it must have happened during one of my black outs.

Jim Morrison

I am on 40mg of citalopram, I started on 20mg and then upped to 30mg to 40mg. It took about 4 weeks at 20mg for the side effects to settle down. I had a few symptoms when I went from 20mg to 30mg but nothing too major, and when I went up to 40mg I did not experience any further effects. The only symptom I have now is that I do wake up quite a bit during the night but luckily can get back to sleep. I still have bouts of anxiety but the depression is almost gone, still have the odd down day - but don't we all!

Good luck with your increase, hopefully it will be side effect free

I'm on 20mg of Escitalopram and it's been brilliant for me. Hope things work out for you xx

I'm so sorry to hear you are in hospital darl...really hope you are ok. I am on 10mg's still but am supposed to go up to 20mg's but have not dared take the plunge as yet as though I am still a little blippy on 10mg's sometimes and soon get anxiety if I am stressed as it doesn't seem quite strong enough.
    Sue I withdrew from Mirtazapine last year and it was horrible, I used to be sick for physically a few days each time I reduced but it soon passed.

Hey Karen. The jump from 10mg to 20mg wasn't half as bad as I expected. It was slightly higher anxiety for a week but no other problems.

Tried an anti psychotic last night on top of it.... NEVER AGAIN!! It was what I imagine mirt to be but 100 times stronger. Knocked me for six!

Glad the change in dose was not too bad, I am sure if you have to increase it again it will be the same.

I don't want to go higher than 20mg. 20mg of Escitalopram is the highest recommended due to heart problems. 40mg is the highest with Citalopram. I know that some doctors can put it higher but I think I already have a bit of a funny heart so would rather not risk it.

I am just about to change over from citalopram to escitalopram tomorrow, starting off on 10mg for a few days and then upping to 20mg. A bit nervous but Doc says the switch should not be too bad as they are similar?!

Escitalopram is actually alot easier to tolerate upon start up than citalopram so good luck, you should hopefully be just fine xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information