Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who have you told about ur anxiety & did it help?

Hi.I told a few people but many think Im weak or tell me to stop feeling sorry for myself.
    Even the dreaded pull ~yourself together~ was told to me many times.
    Did it help,not really.
    People dont understand unless they have or are going through it.
    Not all,some people are ok.
    It does put a strain on things and people expect you to get over it.
    Can get boring to them after a while.
    So I do tend to bottle things up a lot.
    I wouldnt wish anxiety on anyone and it really is the pits.

Love and best wishes.
    xFlyx

I suffer from similar feelings in regards to telling people, i recently started a new job 4 weeks ago. A job i've always wanted to do so i was really happy but nervous as you would expect.

Well since starting my panic attacks have really kicked off after being free of them for quite a long time. One of the major fears was that people at work would see me as weak and incapable. This made the situation worse. I had major panic attack one morning last week and had to leave, but after sitting my mentor down and telling him what was going on. Surprisingly he said that he had been through the exact same thing a few years back. Well from that i felt a lot better that someone kind of understood how i felt and then allowed him to inform the other members of staff why i was taking a couple of days off.

I am worried as i said that they may think i'm a bit of a nutjob and that as there is no physical symptoms like a bloody missing leg that i am making it all up.

I was off again today after a heavy day yesterday, i am worried that i may never be able to truly get over it this time but that's my head trying to get the better of me. I think many of you know that feeling.

Anyways sorry for rabbling on, it's good to get this off my chest, it's funny how now when i think of work it makes me feel really crap and anxious, i hope it goes away!

----Time exists just on your wrists so don't panic ----

Hope you manage to get back on your feet and return to your dream job. Its good you have told someone you can trust and even better that they have had some experience witha similar thing - keep us informed.

Hi,
    I have told my family, partner and friends, my friends havent pushed me about it, I have explained why, and it means that when I see them I know I can escape if I need to without seeming strange! I was supposed to sleep over with 2 friends last Friday, but before I went I text them and explained I might not, and I went there and enjoyed myself but didnt sleep over, but they didnt even ask why I was leaving, it was great.
    On the flipside, I started a new job in August, and recently had 3 weeks off with a water infection and associated anxiety, I was truthful with my boss and I got the sack!!!!!!!!! [8)]
    So I would only tell people I can trust!!

Carla

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information