Thread: Propanolol

Propanolol

Have just been to see doctor who prescribed propranolol, instead of buspirone, in addition to cipralex as she feels my most severe problems are anxiety related & buspirone wasn't helping.
    I am hoping for a breakthrough with these as have been on cipralex 4 months so would love to hear from anyone who has taken them

Re: Propanolol

I take them as and when needed. They're great for easing the physical symptoms like the tight stomach feeling, shaking and palpitations. You should notice a difference after half an hour or so.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks pip....really needed to hear that atm. Do they help with the 'dread' feeling or being emotional....felt calmer after I had taken 1st tablet but still feel like crying now xxx

Hello

Propranolol doesn't do anything to improve your mood as such, but it is extremely helpful at taking away those physical anxiety symptoms

I've been taken it for years now, I take 40 mg twice a day, and I wouldn't be without it.

It wont stop you feeling anxious, but it will stop all those horrible physical symptoms, when you do.

My doctor asked me what was the worst symptom I felt when I was anxious or panicky, I told him palpitations and breathlessness and he said I can give you something to help you with that, and I've honestly never looked back.

I also tried buspirone but it really never did anything to help me, so I would definitely recommend trying the propranolol as that is very beneficial to many people with anxiety/panic attacks

Thanks Auntie Moosie....I do feel much calmer and don't have the muscle tension/on edge feeling or the lump in my throat feeling so I am hopeful that I'll be able to be more positive when trying to cope with feeling low x

Thread Information