Thread: went positive on dipstick test for blood with possible traces of protein + hpylori!

went positive on dipstick test for blood with possible traces of protein + hpylori!

hi guys,

i am new here and this is my first time posting. i am totally freaking out about what i just found out. so i bought a dipstick urinary test from amazon and it came today. i immediately went to pee(numerous times) to test myself. the strip reacted to the blood and it went bluish green down the middle and white outer edges.. i also notice that the protein square slightly changed color. according to the color guide its around 15(.15)+- to maybe a 3.0+. i AM TOTALLY freaking out. i feel like i have some deadly disease and im about to die. i am scared and i am alone. i went through online about it and, needless to say, i am even more frightened. i felt like i have all the symptoms that a deadly disease has.
    i tried talking to my HCP but i feel like theyre not making this urgent. i was about to beg them to give me an appointment. furthermore as i was talking to them they told me about my Hpylori infection too. could this be related to this? i dont get why they cant book me an appointment right away seeing as this is a highly urgent matter.

what should i do? please help.

btw, i have been told just a few hours ago that i have H-pylori infection too and i am on HBP meds (triamterene HCL (waterpill)) and cholesterol meds (pravastatin). doctor said that my liver is probably producing more cholesterol than it should be. given i am only 27 yrs old.

Re: went positive on dipstick test for blood with possible traces of protein + hpylor

Sorry to hear your suffering right now , but we aren't doctors, so can only offer support.
    All you can do is get the first available docs appointment, only then will you be reassured.

Re: went positive on dipstick test for blood with possible traces of protein + hpylor

I wouldn't trust those kits too much and get a sample done at the docs and sent off for analysis.

I am sure it is not going to kill you overnight though so try not to worry.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

ahhh i cant sleep coz of it. im scared and i keep looking at the worst scenario. imdragging myself to the clinic tomorrow morning. and gonna make them see me. hopefully it turns out well and ill get a more accurate result.

im so scared ><

I'm fully in agreement with Nic on this one

I don't like the idea of any of these new fandangled do it yourself test kits.

Really, what it the point in them?? They are a nightmare for people who suffer with health anxiety and also they seem to be pretty difficult to understand fully and, personally, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!!

All that's happened now is that you've tested your urine, it's thrown something up, which is probably absolutely nothing, and scared you half to death.

As Stormsky has rightly said, we're not doctors and we have no medical training, so we wouldn't even be able to hazard a guess at what those results are saying.

I don't think you need to panic and do anything about it tonight though, even the out of hours doctors or the A&E department wouldn't be able to test your urine tonight unless it was an absolute emergency, which I highly doubt that it is.

I would go to bed and try and get some sleep, then in the morning ring your surgery and either make an appointment with one of the doctors or, if they offer this, ask for one of the doctors to give you a telephone appointment and take it from there.

I'm sorry that it's scared you like this but I'm sure all will be well

Thread Information