Thread: AIDS and STDs phobia with cancer phobia again

AIDS and STDs phobia with cancer phobia again

At 29 I have worried about a lot. I am not living my life as I want to, I am always in fear about my health,

I have never had a girlfriend or been kissed (well in Cuba in the hotel we stopped in some of the staff was keen to kiss us goodbye) never done the business in the bedroom department., even though I would go over the top with protection. I always never shared towels with anybody

worrying do I have a brain tumour, even though I had my eyes checked out earlier this year and did have my joints checked with the object the doctor uses. I worry about every single symptom I get, and think the worst always.

which now includes looking in my mouth more than once per day (this does not included brushing them), because I am worrying about tongue cancer, mouth cancer, gum cancer (even tooth cancer, not talking about cavities) I don't smoke or drink booze.

I have said in the chat room about my phobia about cancer, and now I am listening to forum members with trying not to Google or visit health websites and read those horrible daily mail online articles, even though it make us aware of conditions, it freaks a lot of us out. which is why I fear bowel cancer, testicle cancer and brain tumours a lot and countless other cancers.

I have moved onto the fear of lung cancer, worrying about my lungs and heart. I have a pre-appointment for my CBT last month.

How do I live my life again. I am currently unemployed but seeking very hard.

Re: AIDS and STDs phobia with cancer phobia again

I am also worrying about male breast cancer, and always forever checking myself. I have also felt my neck lots of times. with at least two hundred cancers types I do fear cancer. I have talked to my doctor, it was Dr E (this is not his real name) who referred me to CBT.

I know treatment is always improving day by day, and I do feel sorry for those who have been through it or going through it. also for the families and friends of person/

Hey!

I think most people worry about the things you've mentioned. But we shouldn't live in fear of what might happen in future.

If we take care of ourselves, exercise when we can, eat balanced meals and visit the doc/dentist a couple of times a year, chances are we'll be healthy and happy for a long time. And if anything crops up that worries us, we'll deal with it then.

My mum was diagnosed with bowel cancer last winter...so of course now I'm convinced I'm going to get it too. But I'm determined not to be scared. (At the moment just leaving my flat of a morning is a terrifying experience, so I certainly dont want to add anything to my list scary things! )

I keep telling myself that if I eat healthily, exercise and have regular check ups when I'm a bit older, then I will be fine. Either because I won't develop cancer at all, or because I will catch it early enough for it be perfectly treatable.

When you start your CBT you'll see they will teach you to analyse your thoughts and fears until they seem less scary. I'm sure it will help you.

All the best.

Sorry to hear about your mum.

I have had a few scans done on my organs and there is nothing to show any signs of concern and a blood test which was fine, blood pressure fine

I do try and eat healthily as possible. we don't have any family history or blood relative who have had cancer,

my dad mother's smoked, but she was in poor health and her health got worst when her husband died.

I do go to the doctors regularly, I been warned not to go on these health websites and google a number of times.

---------- Post added at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

I have also tried to stay clear of reading forums like cancer research forum and macmillan because it will frighten me even more.

I am worried about every pain, I know I still funny whilst using the PC. my parents say I am fine because I had some test done. I have moved onto throat cancer etc, and forever checking myself for lumps. I got a lot of tension built up.

Thread Information