Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This Purpura? And Is It Serious?

Is This Purpura? And Is It Serious?

I have posted here regarding this many times before, but I'll just say it again. I have Petechiae and Bruising for about 3 Weeks - A Month now. The Petechiae I don't see that much now and if I do I tend to try and ignore it. However, I am now getting bigger Purple Spots, but they are not Bruises. Are they Purpura? I've heard Purpura is worst than Petechiae? Is It?

My Blood Tests about two weeks ago came back completely normal on everything and they told me to just ignore it.

The pictures are the first two on my Photo Bucket here: http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/lo...tml?sort=3&o=0

Thank You .
    xxx

Re: Is This Purpura? And Is It Serious?

You have been told to ignore them, and you had to outline them in black so we could see them... so I doubt it is anything to worry about.

I am still slightly frantic that it could be Leukaemia as well, even though the Blood Test was normal. If it was Leukaemia would the Blood Test have been distorted as soon as I noticed the Petechiae. If I went back again would there still be a chance that it could be Leukaemia?

xxx .

Yes of course if it was leukemia it would have shown up big time in your blood tests, trust me I had 2 years of blood tests when I was 23 looking to find what was wrong with my blood and at first they thought that was L, eventually they said ignore the bruising and the abnormal blood results.
    That was nearly 40 years ago.

Anything wrong would have shown up. Those are not purpura, those are very small bruises. You can clearly see the red area where something has been pressed against the skin.

Yes, I was also wondering about the red area??

Anyway to me, they look like normal little bruises.

If you had anything serious like Leukaemia, that would have definitely showed up in your blood test, which your doctor has told you were entirely normal.

We all get bruises and I would think that most of us have some Petechiae, I have it on my chest and upper abdomen, I did go and see my doctor when it first appeared as I didn't know what it was, but he said it was absolutely nothing to worry about, that was about 10 years ago now, and I'm still here

Had you injured your arm in some way?? Maybe knocked it against a wall or something?? as that would explain the redness and the little bruises.

It sounds to me like you've been and got yourself too "educated" about the symptoms of Leukaemia, have you been visiting Dr Google to gather this information??

Self diagnoses and asking Dr Google are both very bad ideas. You have picked up a symptom, one single symptom, of a disease, so that now, every time you spot a simple, normal bruise you are telling yourself that it's something dreadful.

3 weeks isn't even a long time to have a bruise for, I've had some that have taken a good few weeks to completely disappear

Please, I know I keep saying this to people, but if you have health anxiety, do NOT go looking on the internet, it's bad news and all it will do is frighten you, which is exactly what it's done to you now.

Please trust your doctor, they know exactly what to look for and what to be on the alert for. Your doctor carried out blood tests to double check that all is well, your blood tests came back completely normal and they have told you this. Please let what you've been told reassure you, you have not got Leukaemia

Be kind to yourself and be your own best friend by NOT looking on the internet, if ever you're worried or not feeling well, please go and see your doctor, that is truly the best thing you can do for yourself

I have a bruise on my left biceps at the moment. Horrible looking thing, blotchy brown thing, lots of dark purple spots and splodges in it, red dots. Nothing to worry about, simply came about from carrying a box of beer under my arm.

I bruise incredibly easily, so does one of my daughters. I did used to worry a bit about leukaemia (why?!?) but I have never had any abnormal blood tests. I just bruise easily! They even ask you if you do, when you go in for surgery, so it must be entirely within the norm when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Speranza View Post
    I bruise incredibly easily, so does one of my daughters. I did used to worry a bit about leukaemia (why?!?) but I have never had any abnormal blood tests. I just bruise easily! They even ask you if you do, when you go in for surgery, so it must be entirely within the norm when you think about it.
    In my case, I just do stupid things

If there is a way I could send you pics of my bruises I'd love for you to see them, then you wouldn't even worry about yours. Mine come like PALM SIZE!
    I too stressed about leukemia but my bloods are fine.
    It is a blood cancer after all so something would be extremely out of place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information