Thread: Cervical cancer?

Cervical cancer?

My anxiety has been really bad for 4 months now the past couple of months I've had discharge every time I go to toilet it's a normal colour but I went to toilet earlier and there was a little bit of blood in the discharge. My period was a week late then the next one was a week early and was brown blood for the first few days. Now I'm so scared I have cancer, the past couple of weeks I have been so tired and anxious I think maybe I'm anxious because I actually have something wrong with me. I came off my period Thursday. Am I worrying over nothing? I'm 24 to young for a smear. Could it be just a bit of left over blood from my period? Is it normal to have a lot of discharge with anxiety? I haven't got any pain in my tummy. I also have a burning sensation in my vagina sometimes I thought this was all stress but now I'm not so sure.

Re: Cervical cancer?

It may be a urinary infection or something like that (ie not serious). You need to see the doctor for any symptoms like that. I'm sure if they actually suspected anything was wrong with the cervix, they could do a smear, you are just below the age where you automatically get called for one. Talk to the doctor and let us know what they said. x

Yes I will let you no I've booked my dr app for next week, the discharge is a normal couler now just a lot of it, I had thrush a month ago could be something to do with that I guess.

too young for a smear?? where do you live??

Im 28 and Ive been having smears since age 20. Ive had about 5 and a colposcopy.

By the way... Im sure there is nothing wrong. discharge is normal, healthy and common. Ive also had it verified from my doctor that bloody discharge before and after your period is perfectly normal

hey shelly, it could be a little thing like a polyp. Ive had two of them and they just whip them out. the chance of them being cancerous is 0.0001 per cent. if you pop down to the the gps they will be able to see whats going on without a smear . If you really worried you can get a private smear done. good luck

I finally went to the doctors after cancelling twice and had a swab, turns out I have thrush that won't go away I've been prescribed some stuff, hopefully that helps and I can stop worrying now. But now I think I've got diabetes my worry is never ending.

Thread Information