Thread: pain/fullness below bottom of ribs

pain/fullness below bottom of ribs

Oh no, new symptoms :(

I am getting pains under my ribs on both sides. It either feels like its coming from the front or the back.

Sometimes it is sharp and sometimes just feels like my organs are too big for my body! I'm worried about kidney cancer, my kidney function (blood) test was fine but i think something is going on.

It has been coming and going for about 2 weeks now but all weekend it has been constant. It's only OK when i first get up in the morning.

Worried this is kidney cancer spread to my lymph nodes in neck :(

I have booked yet another doctors appointment on Friday to see a different GP - I told the GP last time about my pains down my sides and he ignored me!

Does anyone know if you go to a walk-in centre, will they send you for ultrasound?

Re: pain/fullness below bottom of ribs

Jo I get this a lot it could be trapped wind that can cause a lot of pain and a fullness feeling could also be ibs do you empty your bowls often? Do you eat properly ? I have a hiatus hernia so I get a lot of pain round my ribs in my stomach and in my chest also round my back if you go to the walk in they can't send you for a ultrasound they are only there for when your doctor isn't available just a tempory measure they can't issue tests.
    X

Quote Originally Posted by illgetthere View Post
    Jo I get this a lot it could be trapped wind that can cause a lot of pain and a fullness feeling could also be ibs do you empty your bowls often? Do you eat properly ? I have a hiatus hernia so I get a lot of pain round my ribs in my stomach and in my chest also round my back if you go to the walk in they can't send you for a ultrasound they are only there for when your doctor isn't available just a tempory measure they can't issue tests.
    X
    Hi

thanks i guess it could be all sorts - i just keep putting 2 and 2 together and funny enough coming up with cancer!

my bowels are fine! i won't bother with the walk in centre then

Could it be ibs from all the stress? I use too believe it was just a diagnoses drs give when they can't find any other reason but when I take mintec it does relieve the symptoms.

If you don't have pain upon urinating or bad bruising pain I'm the kidneys I doubt it would kidney related. But even then I have had pain in the kidney region but everything was clear so much of been my back.
    If the pain is localised to your right side and I mean really bad pain that wakes you up at night that lasts for hours and especially occurs after fatty foods or just half hour after eating then I'd have my gb checked because I experienced what I described for 13 months and it took 10 months to work it out.
    I'm perfectly fine now tho after it was taken out
    Try some peppermint tea, that's suppose too help with stomach pain.

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

And I'm so much like you. Always putting 2 n 2 together. It's horrible how everything points too your worst fear :(

it comes and goes on both sides but the the right side is the worst. i think it is worst after eating and eases the longer i go without eating / drinking and also keeping still helps!

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

I have had some cranberry juice at lunch and seems to have eased a little bit!

Sounds like indigestion/trapped wind/IBS to me

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I get this all the time, more often on my left side. Like a 'balloon' feeling and sometimes sharp pains. Sometimes when I move around I can feel stuff sort of shift and 'click' in a way. I think for me it might be my diaphragm, though don't know. Sometimes I worry it might be my pancreas since I have raised pancreas (and liver) enzymes a lot for some reason. It's very unlikely to be cancer, but you have a doc's appointment coming up to put your mind at rest.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Sounds like indigestion/trapped wind/IBS to me
    i think its too far up to be stomach related - it's about 4 ribs up.

Thread Information