Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAJOR SETBACK - PLEASE HELP

MAJOR SETBACK - PLEASE HELP

Hi friends,

You might all remember me I didnt know wether to go on the surprise holiday with my mum and friends ??

Anyway I had recently split up with my partner of 6 years and was back to going out, losing a bit of weight and getting a bit of confidence back. I dropped my prozac dow to 16mg from 20mg fro 2 months and down to 12mg for 2 months and 2 weeks ago I stopped it coz I just felt I would be ok. Last week I found out my ex was seeing another girl and he finished with her because he said he wanted to be with me and surprise 2 days later he changed his mind and got back with her. I have been devastated crying all the time but no panic. Then today have felt dizzy all day (possible brain tremors) then tonight went to bed and my heart started racing and I had the mother of all panic attacks wanted to dial 999 couldnt control my thoughts at all....now im scared its beacause I have come off the prozac and think im going to have to admit myself to hospital and go back on it....I have a sore throat and a cough as well.....but has really scared me how it can just come on again,,,,,I cant go through all this again just feel like \i wanna die........

HI LAURA THE THING THAT HAS STARTED IT AGAIN IS ALL WHAT YOU MENTIONED HAS BEEN GOING ON ,THAT IS WHY SYMPTONS ARE BACK .YOU CAN GET BETTER YOU KNOW THAT KEEP BREATHING EXERCISES GOING AND TRY TO RELAX A BIT AND THESE SYMPTONS WILL EASE.YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS , IDONT THINK ITS THE PROZAC AS MUCH AS THE STRESS YOUVE BEEN UNDER RECENTLY.KEEP YOUR CHIN UP AND TAKE CARE

I hope your right tam tam but tonight just feel like its all coming back again........feel so scared

Thankyou for replying x

I can do this !

Laura,

I too think it's all the stress you have had to deal with. Maybe this is the time to take care of you and not worry about your ex. I wish you lots of luck and big ((((HUGS)))).

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World"...

Take Care of You,

Tina

I do want to take care of me but dont know how to.......have had to have some wine tonight to calm me down thats the only thing that seems to help at the moment....I know thats bad

I can do this !

I think I am about to get my mum to take me to the hospital beacuse something is defineately not right with me.......

I can do this !

Hi Laura your going through a bad time pet and anxiety is making you feel like you do.Maybe it was to soon to come off the prozac.Try and do some relaxed breathing have a warm milky drink,it is scarey but you can get through this.

Ellen XX

LAURA IF YOU REALLY FEEL YOU WANT TO GO TO HOSPITAL THEN GO,BUT IM SURE YOUR JUST PANICKING AND PANICKING MORE AND MORE WHICH IS MAKING YOU WORSE.YOU NEED TO TRY AND CALM DOWN.IF YOU DO GO AND SEE SOMEONE IT WILL PUT YOUR MIND AT REST,IVE BEEN THERE AND ITS JUST YOU NEED REASURRANCE.TC

HI ellen,

thankyou fro replying.

I have been on prozac for 4 years now and have tried to come off it several times .........this time I felt so positive and the best I have felt in years........but maybe I was wrong

I can do this !

I agree with Tina,it is panic thats making you feel like you do.I came off my medication for 3 months and had to go back on it.I relapsed.You may still need the prozac.Try and relax pet you will be ok.

Ellen XX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information