Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SABRE TOOTHED TIGERS AND A RELAXED ANUS

that was funny

when i went to mine 3 weeks ago she told me about the fight or flight not with a tiger though and i told her i knew about it last week she told me stuff i already knew and gave me a relaxation cd which made me so tense i got a headache.
    today she actually taught me some useful stuff so i think you should keep going cos eventually it will get to stuff which could help you

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

kay,

you need to go again, to make us laugh with your stories, why are they all weirdo's, i went to anxiety management cklasses last year and the other day i was in B&Q and the councellor whatever you want to call her saw me, i turned the other way. not very nice i know but couldnt get into the conversation about anxiety.

keep going it gets more interesting, you will laugh your head off. wait till the get the relaxation tapes out and you feel ans though your the only one who cant do it.

take care

ruth

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I probably will go back just to prove to myself it wasn't a totally surreal experience. I think I have become a sophisticated anxiety sufferer in the sense that I know a lot about causes and treatment of anxiety and so going back to basics was a little disappointing.

There's comedy gold somewhere within this quagmire of anxiety and depression. If only someone could script it and sell it ........

Cheers

Kay x

That was the funniest topic subject i've seen in ages! lol!!

(I heard a rumour thou that they try to keep the sabre's in the back warehouse as they cause the cleaners havoc on the shop floor...)

Mo x

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn......

I think you should stick with it as it will probably get better. She probably has a scheme of work to complete for the course and has to go from complete basics before moving on.
    These classes acan be a bit of a nightmare though - i went to one last year. it was a permanent group that offered ongoing support, a bit like this forum only you go there and sit around and talk about your previous weeks experience with other members and the facilitator. Well the first time i went i realised that this group was not only for sufferers of anxiety but also for serious mental illness sufferers. As this is my worst fear i decided not not run away and stick with it to face my fears. I did so for a good few weeks until one of the members came into my place of work (teaching hair and beauty) for a treatment from one of my students and told the student where she had met me, how she knew me, and WHAT MY ANXIETIES are!! I was mortified as i just assumed that everything would be kept confidential. I went off sick for about 4 months! I am now pretty wary of these groups unless they are facilitated at my GP'sand totally confidential.

I hope i have not put you off with my horror story as i think in general they are a good resource to have.
    Good luck and update us how you get on.

Michelle
    x

Michelle, how awful for you. I'd never really thought about the confidentiality issue but yes, I can see how it could be a potential problem.

I live in a small village and I knew before I walked into the room I would know at least a couple of people in there (and I did). At no time has the facilitator mentioned confidentiality.

The class has improved (a little) but I find the occ health and CPN so lacking in enthusiasm they do little to improve my faith in this method of helping anxiety.

Kay x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information