Thread: Relationship OCD so miserable

Relationship OCD so miserable

I've experienced it before in past relationships, it even ended one of my long term relationships, I didn't realise I had a problem at the time and really regretted it later. I just obsess over not having feelings for/ loving my other half and constantly comparing to everyone else's relationships and relationships in films, tv etc

My current boyfriend and I have been together for nearly 3 year, we were living together and were engaged, about a month ago he left me and said we couldn't work things when I really wanted to. I was so shocked and heartbroken, I even lost my job through having a panic attack and walking out mid shift. A month later he's back and full of regret. Now I've spent the past month trying to convince myself we weren't right for each other to help myself move on. We are back together and now the feelings of we aren't right together, I don't have feelings for him anymore are back with a vengeance. I never really experienced this with him, I've been on meds and had my anxiety under control and we were happy before he did this, even our wedding was booked!

My thoughts are relentless, I can't stop obsessing, I'm so anxious and feeling really down :( I love him, I wish he'd never done this then maybe I wouldn't be going through a loop right now.

Anybody experienced similar? Anybody got advice? Please :(

Re: Relationship OCD so miserable

Nobody?

If you scroll down to bottom of this post, you'll see the heading 'similar threads'..this may help you..
    Anxiety ,depression and meds can definitely cause a lack if feeling for anyone or anything..
    As many have replied to these threads before on this subject, you shouldn't do any rash, or make rash decisions.
    Is it a case of wanting what you can't have, as in, when he left...or do you really see yourself with this person for the rest of your life...
    Years ago I was going through something similar, a wise friend told me to close my eyes, forget the physical looks of my partner, but concentrate on how they make you feel ..

Thank you, I'll look at the other threads

Thread Information