Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clutter

Re: Clutter

I haven't anywhere to tidy TO, the Christmas tree is in a daughter's bedroom - luckily she lives in France! lol. Everywhere else is pretty much tidy. It just all ended up in my room, I suppose cos it's the least likely for a visitor to see. (Yes, sad but true!!)

I didn't have anywhere to tidy to, either, had to get some boxes, that looked good on the outside. to start with I made do with what I had, cardboard boxes and decorated them to look good on the outside. started to put some papers in them that I was keeping, and tossed some in the bin. just takes a lot of time, did it every couple of days. even when I didn't feel like doing it. I just went and did it. got to push ourselves, and try not to over do it. I still have two boxes to clear out in my bedroom. I'm getting there slowly.

I had some guests, and for the very first time I was able to show my bedroom off. as before I couldn't cause it was always in a clutter of a big mess. it has taken me a very long time to get my room to the way I want it and tidy. I have no where to put my stuff, I wanted a tidy room. I bought a couple of those living magazines (canny remember what the magazines are called), to see what I could do to help keep my room tidy. I got some ideas from them. some of my friends gave me ideas how to keep my room tidy. it don't happen over night, takes time. to start with make do with what I had, slowly I bought boxes, that are for storage. ones that I could lift and stack beside each other. to help take some of the clutter out of my bedroom.

Sounds good! I really wish I had thought to buy a bed with storage underneath. I think bad storage systems in the house is a lot of the trouble. Not my choice, and too expensive to change.

Despite being the messiest teenager ever - according to my family - I have surprisingly grown up to being very houseproud and tidy, & clutter upsets me. I am a hoarder though, I cling to things emotionally, so I've bought, over the years, various really nice boxes and baskets, some big ones like wicker picnic trunks, to put things in that I want to keep, but don't want on show.

As long as everything has a place, and gets put back in its' place, I'm happy.

I do have a thing about pictures on walls though.. if they're not straight I have to straighten them, even in the hospital waiting room last week....

so true. would be good if houses was built with storage space.

I have just about conquered the hoarding thing, I think it is genetic! My daughter is similiar but bless her, is tackling it a quarter of a century earlier than I did! Both my daughters live or have lived abroad, so knowing you have to carry everything when you move concentrates the mind wonderfully!

I share a flat with someone and most of it is tidy but my room is clutter central. I'm too embarassed to let anyone see it. I've still got things in there from my old flat- and I moved 5 years ago! I do need to get on top of it

I have made a start!!! not clutter free yet but getting there, I have a bin bag of things to take to the charity shop tomorrow. Not started on paper work yet
    Starting on the bed drawers next. Just having a ciggy break and a cuppa.
    By the way, went the pub for some dinner, so doing no cooking today.
    Went to the toilet in the pub--of course I went into the wrong one, as I opened the door I saw this woman and I screamed (well sort of)-- it was me. there was a mirror
    in front of me. My nerves are hell bent. shocking!!!!!!
    Someone please tell me if I go on to much--rant, rant, rant

HAHA I'm sure you don't look that scary! Well done with the tidying! At least I made sure my avoidance was productive today. I set off to my room but ended up doing some weeding in my front garden, which to be fair looks about as bad as my room... :(

oh my gardening, my garden is needing, done, its getting done tomorrow, I asked my friend to come and do the garden for me. he says he would what a relief I dont need to worry about it now. phew!

my daughter started to tidy up the living room today, its good that she got on to her brother about leaving his stuff around. its good to get someone who backs up to give ya support.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information