Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clutter

Re: Clutter

Send your daughter across here please Yvonne to see if she can sort my son out
    Fed up tripping over playstation and guitar wires.

Talking about clutter, I shove everything into the spare room. My cupboards are shocking.
    I hoard things too. I really need to get myself sorted and get them cleared.

Window cleaner came tonight to get paid, he said every time I come here you are working about. I always seem to spend ages tidying up, but never cleaning cupboards.
    What the eye doesn`t see

btw I am GREAT at other people's housework. Just spent an hour with a friend cleaning the house of another friend who is a single mum with little kids. I think it's cos I don't have to watch it getting messed up again! Whereas at home I find I always think, "What's the point, it will just need doing again." If I extended that logic to food, I'd never eat either!

You`re welcome at my house too Speranza

Everything does have it's place, sometimes with that includes the floor.

Generally get tidied when the floor disappears, or when I can smell rotting bananas (cos I've forgotten about them ). Shame it usually last a day till there's some pile of the floor again. People think it looks like a clothes bomb has gone in my room, but it fairly efficient as I can usually find stuff first time. . If someone tidies or moves stuff in the mean time I can never find them again, actually takes to me what seems like a long time which can trigger an anxiety and panic attack.

What a funny thread, I have enjoyed reading all the posts!

I have to say my spare room is where all the clutter goes...I have tried hard to psych myself up to tackle it but tbh, it's like mount Everest in there now I am not very good with paperwork either, I always think I must keep that (just in case) so I also have a lot of shredding to do but I just can't motivate myself to do it
    Other than that most of the house is definitely clean and mostly tidy, apart from the enormous pile of ironing in the dining room - I HATE ironing!! Might as well just put it all away and iron it on an as & when needed basis

I like your attitude MrCupofT! Kittikat, I think my problem is that my bedroom IS the spare room in terms of clutter... I was determined to tackle it this week and my mood has plummeted (see separate thread under Fluoxetine). I am not entirely sure the two aren't related, it's happened before!

Right - enough! I have remembered that I respond well to lists.

So I'm going to type up and print myself a list of what to do today - yesterday was a wash-out but today I woke early and reasonably refreshed, I've showered and I#m ready.

I can think of a million things I'd rather do today, but I'm going to publish my list here so you can see how I did!

Okay... so this is the morning. It is deliberately quite a lot - if it spills into the afternoon I have time left over. NB regular breaks, they work for me... as long as I stop at the designated time!

9am – Tackle old school paperwork: Bin or box. Box upstairs into cupboard.
    Quick ‘refresh’ of bathroom. Wipe surfaces, empty bin.
    10am – Tea break!
    10.20 – Sweep stairs, tidy living room, mop floors.
    11am – Quick break. Tell myself I’m doing really well. J
    11.10 – Put a wash in (NB this is so I am not downstairs while it’s going through in case it’s a hypersensitive noise day).
    Bedroom. Clothes into right places, books onto bed to be sorted afterwards, paperwork to be sorted: bin, file or box. Floor. Windowsill.

Hoover.

I'll let you know how it went...

I hate clutter so much lol,
    My room I have my bed, my mirror and lamp, my drawers with clothes and socks in , my old laptop in one, my iPad and phone charger, my purse, a few packs of chewing gum and pack of mints and tic tacs, my fan, a few blankets etc and that's it.
    Clutter is a nightmare and I hate it

UPDATE! Have thrown out most of my old school paperwork, only kept evidence of things I've done in case they try to do me for Incompetency. Didn't quite make the bathroom yet but have tidied all my writing books and pens etc into a big lidded box which wasn't on the list.

Oh heck. I have found an empty shoebox.
    Cleaning up clutter has temporary stopped. Why? because I have found lots of
    bits of cloths, table cloths, tea towels etc from a drawer under the bed .
    So now I am going to make a little bed for a dolly for my granddaughter.
    A mattress and pillow and duvet cover, and stick some lace around the box.
    It will take me ages as I am not a great sewer cos of my fingers are going to pot.
    My internet has been down, I have been messing with the wires to see if they had gotten loose. What dust!!!!! leaving it till another day.(in said bedroom)
    BT was the culprits, not loose wires.
    I sort of panic when I have no connection to my internet
    Love to all

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information