Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Periods and anxiety?

Periods and anxiety?

Hi girls.

Do you get more jittery when you have your period.

Got my period this week for the first time since May and I am feeling vunerable and jittery.

Bah. Wondered if I am going backwards or it is having my period that is affecting me?

I always get more anxious the week (or sometimes 10 days) prior to "them" coming! I feel more agitated and on edge.
    I can also feel very dizzy and extremely narky (but i guess thats just PMS).

SarahC

my periods are all over the place because of my anxiety and stress! i have them bout every 2-3 months rather than once a month. so when i do get them, i suffer!

Hi sam,I get more anxious around period time.My dad say's I get my period 3 weeks of the month because of my moods,cheeky thing
    Take care

Ellen XX

i'm more anxious just before , during and just after my period

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

i have got weird periods at the moment, im 34 and i am convinced (wait for it) that i am going through the change, i have had 3 periods since 2nd september now that isnt right is it. so guess what i am now thinking i am menopausal.

you are not alone on this one

take care

ruth

Absolutely! I went to my doc and she said they do give prozac for really bad PMS but as I have an anxiety disorder that would only make things worse! However, she did recommend Evening Primose Oil and Vitamin B12 and I have started taking a monthly supplement called Healthy Balance from Boots which really seems to be helping and doing wonders for my hair, nails and skin too, which is a real plus! It's quite expensive but it really is worth it-you take one supplement for every day of the month and for the 7 days before the start of your period there's an extra pill to give you a boost. Also, I've found I've had to be far more organised and keep a record of my periods-I know from day 21 on, I could start feeling more stressed, so if I feel I'm going backwards I know what it is and that I'm not going crazy!
    Sarah [8D]

hi sam definatley that is the worse time ever for me i can be good and then the week before and the week im really bad.if anybody has any advice on what would help with this please let us know,i have been searching for help on this for nearly 2 yrs.take care sam and glad to know im not on my own with this.

Hi Sam!
    I am on my period at the moment and its a battle every month! For the rest of the month, I am pretty much 'normal' as I have successfully tackled my anxiety/panic. But just before and during my period I am very edgy, fuzzy headed, emotional, clumsy and ratty. I have to consider my period days as rest days and don't do a fat lot. I went on the pill which helped with physical symptoms but it doesn't take away the pmt and crappy feeling during the period. The only thing that helps is meditation, I have to really try to calm myself down and clear my mind. During this time, its almost like I am buzzing with electricity - its really weird. I find that going for a nice walk also helps so does drinking milk.
    You are definately not alone. I think part of it is that I am very aware of being on a period and subconciously I am fretting about it.
    All the best,
    Fradycat xx (roll on Thursday when I can feel 'normal' again!)

Hi girls!
    Just realised I'd got a couple of mails about the supplements I take which I mentionned in my earlier post. They're actually called Monthly Cycle and they're in the Boots Feel the Difference Range, costing about £8.99 for a month's supply but I feel they are well worth it! They come in a yellow/gold box in the vitamins range next to the menopause treatments.
    Sarah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information