Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had my scan

Had my scan

Went for my scan today abdominal ultrasound and it was all clear , I should be happy I know but after the scan the lady just said so that's all the symptoms you had irregular periods ? I didn't even go for that so now I'm thinking she was only looking for those symptoms, I was so stressed and just said yes, I could kick myself and my husband has gone off his head at me for being stupid , do you think they would have had a good look around ? X

Re: Had my scan

She looks for everything so you are fine

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Do you think they do? She did seem to be looking all around x

she would know what she is looking at your fine take care blessings

That it was they are trained to do.

Be happy nothing was found and move on from this now

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Rebeccad, Honestly, if there were any abnormalities, the scan would pick it up.

I got sent for one just over a year ago. Gall stones were suspected, but that was clear. It did show up a small mass on my pancreas, which I had to be told could be cancer. I was then sent for ct scan days later. 7 weeks passed before I was told it was a simple fatty lump and I thanked God that`s all it was.

I must admit it was a 7 week waiting nightmare, I was never given a follow up appointment with the consultant and after 7 weeks had to phone because I couldn`t stand the fear any longer. I think an error was made somewhere along the line.

I remember crying and saying to my sister that day when I got the brilliant news that it wasn`t cancer, how the poor souls must feel who were being told they had it.

I know it`s easier said than done, not to worry when you are an anxiety sufferer.

Please try and put it out your mind...you are fine.

I once went for a scan and the technician spotted 'something interesting' and asked me to roll over so he could have a better look at my liver! (It was fine but he'd seen something unusual). Point being, he wasn't even looking at my liver. They are really highly-trained and those blurry images are crystal-clear to them. xx

rebeccad, what were your symptoms? Where they only irregular periods or was there something else? They will look at it all just as thoroughly, so don't worry about what you said.

I had pains left hand side of lower abdomen

I had same symptoms about 15 yrs ago, also had ultra sound..they check everything, so stop worrying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information