Thread: upping dose to 30mg

upping dose to 30mg

I've been on 15mg mirtazapine for 3 weeks and while it did lift me out of depression after 5 days. I have had a few days where depression has been back so the doctor upped my dose to 30mg from last night. Just wondering how long it will take to take effect. If anybody has upped their dose from 15mg to 30mg I'd love to hear. I'm also on 120mg cymbalta and mirt was added to it to boost it.

Re: upping dose to 30mg

Yes, I did it, made no difference to me what so ever unfortunately, like you it worked a treat for 2 or so weeks and the stopped, so upped to 30mg, and no difference.

I do wonder as you will find alot of posts from the states that say that it works and then you body gets used to it, and stops, obviously each person is different and tolerances are different per person.

I must be one of the few people that seem to be taking it on its own though, everybody else seems to have it with something else

Mirtazapine is is often seen as a second line medication, where it is added to another medication. However, it can also be taken on its own, particularly where sleep or anxiety is an issue.

Increasing the dose may increase its usefulness for depression, so it's worth a try (sorry, sambomonkee, that it didn't work for you - everyone is different).

How are you getting on now with 30mg Asha? I'm about to up my dose so interested to knowyour experiences

I'm now on on 45mg, and it "may" be making a difference, side effects are quite strong though, but there is a glimmer of hope there.

Thread Information