Hiya

I have been struggling with anxiety for many many years with regular visits to me drs. Eventually I was referered to see a p/doc - who i saw on 24th June.

He diagnosed me with GAD and, as I already take citalopram, put me on 10mg of cit and 7.5mg of mirt. ((I previously had tried upping the cit to 20mg but had bad side affects - my p/doc said that i am most likely sensitive to meds as 20mg should be easy for me to tolerate after the inital 2 week start up)).

From 24th June for a month I have felt wonderful - life has been a total joy and pleasure....in this month I was on holiday in Greece for 2 weeks without a care in the world. Hooray, I have been 'cured' and am now back in control.

HOWEVER, I am now back from holiday and since sunday night (back to work monday) my anxiety has come flooding back with avengence. I have had a really bad few days (mon / tues / and so far today).

so in the month since seeing p/doc I have felt fantastic for 4 weeks - but horrendous for the past 3 days.

is this because the 7.5mg of mirt has pooped, or just because coming back to work after hols is generally stressful and i have worked myself up to my bad thinking habits again...

should i ride it out and stay as I am - or up the mirt to 15mg....my d/poc said up the dose to 15mg if 7.5mg of mirt isnt working - but the thing is, is that the 7.5mg has been working - right up until the past 3 days (where I have come back to work after being on holiday).....tricky!!