Thread: Someone help! Going mad at work - feeling so dizzy scared to move :-(

Someone help! Going mad at work - feeling so dizzy scared to move :-(

I don't know whether I should be scared or not but I am so worried.

I was just on the phone and I had the worst dizzy spell, it's like my eyes went fuzzy for a few seconds and my head movements were slowed down, dizzy feeling, my head feels heavy and my eyes feel heavy too.

I'm scared to move or even read emails in fear of it will come on again and i will fully faint pass out! What is wrong with me????

I do feel tired, but have never fainted in my life. The bak of my head hurts somewhat and also my neck is really stiff :-((((((

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

Also had a chesty cough for the past 5 days...

Re: Someone help! Going mad at work - feeling so dizzy scared to move :-(

Hi,

I get exactly the same thing at work.. I suddenly get very dizzy and my eyes go all funny. I also have the fear that I will faint but I haven't yet and had these feelings for 7months now! So chances are I will not.

I get it where my vision all sort of tilts to one side.. its horrible and I feel like a wave of anxiety go through me when I get dizzy. I sometimes feel that standing up getting some fresh air and walking around helps! To prove to myself its just anxiety I sometimes lye on the floor and actually feel worse as I think its all the adrenaline going to my head! Just take some nice deep breathes and try and distract yourself.. you will soon be feeling better

It is quite common to get this but have you eaten this morning

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I get this at work. For me it's a combination of staring at the computer too long, drinking coffee, instead of water, and not getting enough sleep at night. They say for every 20 minutes you spend looking at a computer screen, you should look at something far away for 20 seconds. It's harder to put into practice, but if you make a concious effort to try, you'll be looking away more often than you were before.

Hello Fedup36, thanks for responding. It is horrible. I feel that standing up will make it worse for me as I dont want to faint or feel the same feeling while standing up. Huffffff.

Hello NoMorePanic – thank you for replying – I saw your question and then ate, as No I did not eat this morning, but I generally dont eat until 11.00ish anyhow...... thought that would have done the trick and had hope, but 10 minutes ago, I just got the same feeling ;-(((( - went dizzy again......... I do feel extremely tired and am also finding today that looking at my screen is making my sight more prominent.

Hello VittaBella – Thanks I will try that and see if it helps. But I just ate and felt another dizzy spell come on – just dont want to move, its quite disabling – plus my job also involves a lot of talking on the phone which I dont feel like doing today, can’t really go home as we are short staffed enough already.

AND – AM SO ANNOYED – was meant to be starting Zumba today with my friend after work 0 but how can I now???????????!

Love K XXXX

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

Sorry for the big caps!

I also notice then is when I move my head ;-(

K
    If you have a cough, headache and aching neck you could have a viral infection. A friend of mine has cancelled a night out tomorrow with similar symptoms and says she feels so dizzy she can't risk driving.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Thread Information