Thread: A useful insight...

A useful insight...

For those lovely people who have been kind enough to help me the past few days I thought I'd just let you know I just had my guest counselling session.

It went really well. The counsellor was lovely, made me feel very at ease and even though it was mostly me rambling away it felt good to get a lot off my chest and you don't realise how much stress you're under until you get it all out I recognised I was under a lot of pressure but not until I heard myself say this this and oh yeah this happened as well I didn't take it on board.

One thing the counsellor said which some people might find useful and I will take in board (or try to) is that sometimes we don't recognise our stress or push it away and our bodies try desperately to show us we need to slow down by producing physical symptoms to make us take note. It's not that these symptoms are harmful but sometimes we then translate it as us being ill....

Re: A useful insight...

I agree about the stress thing. I keep telling people on here that stress is really not good for the body and it doesn't like it!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

So pleased you found it helpful. You seem calmer. Hope you go from strength to strength. X

Oh that's great!!

Thread Information