Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Myocardial Perfusion (MIBI) scan

Myocardial Perfusion (MIBI) scan

Anyone on here had one by any chance?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Myocardial Perfusion (MIBI) scan

I asked my husband but he hasn't had this one. Are you having one Nicola?

I am Annie on 2nd August.

The only thing I don't like the sound of is having drugs injected to make the heart race like you have done exercise but you just lay there instead. I am not keen on things that artificially make things happen if that makes sense.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I just had a look at the NHS leaflet about it from Papworth hospital. It looks like you will be very closely monitored and other than feeling tired after there are no other real side effects. I know what you mean though, I would be a bit wary about taking the drug. The bit that I don't like in the leaflet is that they say you will be required to have a meal but they don't provide it!! You have to get your own in the canteen!

When I spoke to the woman on the phone she told me about the meal and said go and get a fry up from the canteen as you need loads of fat! That made me laugh that a heart hospital would make you eat so much fat !

It is Papworth I am going to so I am in the best place. That is where I had my stent fitted as well.

Hi Both, one of me best friends contacted me last night, she has not been well for a frew weeks and is in Derby hospital, she is only 51 and they think it is her heart and she had one of these scans today, I had not heard of it until last night and just saw your posts, she said we will get the results tomorrow, I cannot go and visit as she is 3 hours away but am really worried about her. Papworth is not far from me Nic and they are really have a good reputation.

Apparently they do these scans with women Janine as the treadmill tests gives false positives.

Yeah Papworth is good and of the leading hospitals for hearts so we are lucky we live so close.

After the heart attack I spent 12 hours there before they had to transfer me back to Bedford Hospital as I was too ill with the Crohn's for them to cope with.

I hope your friend will be okay Janine. They can do a lot for heart problems now. My husband had a heart attack aged 58 and another a year later. He has stents in and is still working full time age 65
    Did they give you a leaflet about it Nicola? If not you can read it here http://www.papworthhospital.nhs.uk/d..._MIBI_scan.pdf

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

My hubby had to go on the treadmill and they kept saying to him "Are you feeling any pain?" he was saying "No not yet" Then they stopped him and said "Are you sure you are not feeling pain because the machine is saying you should be" They were very surprised that he wasn't feeling the pain as the machine clearly showed something was not right.

Yeah just got the leaflet today thanks Annie

Last time I did a treadmill test but now they don't use them so this scan is even better I guess.

I am worried about her as normally she is such a bubbly larger than life character who is so kind hearted, she was the first person to just pick up the phone and ring me a couple of years ago when I ended up in hospital with a massive internal bleed and had to have 6 pints transfusion so I feel like i want to be there for her and her lovely family.

Hope you get on ok when you have the test Nic, Annie your husband has done so well it just shows how much treatment has come on in the past few years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information