Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Myocardial Perfusion (MIBI) scan

Re: Myocardial Perfusion (MIBI) scan

He has to take a lots of medication but he has had no more problems.

I hope she will be ok Janine

Your husband is lucky Annie - I couldn't work full time cos most of the time I feel zapped out and so tired.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My husband gets bad muscle pain and cant lift his arm up high. Not sure if it is the statins.

I think a lot of the medication we are both on contribute to all sorts of aches and pains Annie

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Miss Nicola,

I know I have spoken to you at length about your medical tests and other things health wise. and I also know what you go through on a daily basis...... I know that this test is important as it will rule things out.

I also know that you are nervous about being given meds that are going to stimulate your body into thinking it has done lots of exercise BUT you will be in the best place for that to happen and in one of the best heart hospitals in the UK.

you will do it and all will be fine because that is what you do soldier on through everything life throws at you and rarely moan.

anyway you know where I am if you do need a moan and a rant

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Hi Nicola
    I had one of these scans in April then in was repeated in June. There really is nothing to worry about, its very simple.

This what happened when I went to the Bristol Heart Institute. I was asked to arrive an hour before my appointment for preparation time. First I had an ECG, then the nurse took a medical history from me including medications - at this point i explained about ptsd & anxiety & they were very mindful off that during the scan, she asked me to undress to waist & put on a gown. If you are having dye & heart meds you will have a drip put in both arms.

You will be shown into the scan room, asked to lie on the bed & then they will connect you to drips and set up the scanner. During the scan they will talk to you through headphones, asking you to breath deeply, hold your breath etc. When the dye goes in you wont be aware of it, however, the heart meds could make you feel hot, pressure in your chest, your heart race, a headache or you'll feel nauseous but these pass very quickly.

The scan took about 30mins, its air conditioned & the time passes quickly.

The worse part for me was waiting for the results, eventually I rang the secretary only to be told that my scan was incomplete & I had to go again!

I hope that puts your mind at rest, good luck.
    Annette

Thanks Annette for that.

Did you have to eat the fatty meal at some point as well?

I hate having cannula's in as well !

Hi Nicola

My friend had her scan on Thursday and is fine, it showed up that she needs to have an angiogram on Tuesday and have some stents put in so hopefully that will make her better, she is still in hospital and wired up to a monitor all the time, I am sure you will be fine, the thought is oftem worse and hopefully it will help sort out what is wrong for you.

Do you mean angioplast? It is the same procedure as an angiogram + the stents lol

I am hoping they find nothing as the chest pain went ages ago but I guess I have to go along with the flow

Thanks Emmz for you support as ever. I am sure I will be moaning to you before I go xxx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information