Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Male breast cancer or testicular cancer that has spread? Or is it all in my head???

Arrow Male breast cancer or testicular cancer that has spread? Or is it all in my head???

Hi,

For the past couple of months almost, I've been having breast pain, weird in a man I know, but I am over weight. Anyway, my GP examined me and said everything seemed OK. So I was initially reassured, but as many of you know it quite often doesn't last long.

The pain is still there, so my mind had been thinking male breast cancer, for a few weeks, until about 5 days ago when I started getting pain in my testicle, so I stupidly looked up the symptoms of the cancer, and I discovered one of the late stage symptoms is breast pain, because the cancer spreads there quite often...

So with both of those symptoms I keep thinking to myself that I must have one of the cancers, especially being in the high risk age group for the latter.

Am I being silly worrying about male breast cancer? Which is 1 male breast cancer case for every 100 women. And am I being overly worried about testicular cancer which has a 95% cure rate?

Re: Male breast cancer or testicular cancer that has spread? Or is it all in my head?

Hi,
    You know Dr Google isn't a friend..
    I doubt you have cancer..and I'm sure your extreme Anx is causing you all sorts of aches, pains, tensions. Anx caused me non stop breast,chest pains.
    I'm not a doctor, so can't help much more.. You will need to see your gp, it's the only way you'll ease these worries.

Re: Male breast cancer or testicular cancer that has spread? Or is it all in my head?

Thanks,

I've got an appointment with my GP but it's not for 2 weeks yet, and I keep thinking to myself that it will be far too late by then.

Also, I've been reading conflicting reports about the symptoms for testicular cancer, the NHS website says that pain is a symptom, but Dr Christian Jessen says on the embarrassing bodies website "Remember, testicular cancer causes no pain,"

So I'm really confused...

2 wks isn't long..it won't be too late.
    It goes to show google isn't a great definitive diagnosis !
    You have to stop searching, your making yourself worse.

I always fall into the trap that I'll find reassurance, which I never do. I've gotten into some really bad habits lately, I'm quite often going onto the cancer research UK, and sifting through the survival statistics... :-(

I think as well as mentioning the pain / ache I'll also re-mention my health anxiety, assuming I get the all clear for from the GP for the first two things.

On the bright side I'm not worrying about MS today.

The thing with HA is, you'll get the all clear on one worry, but then you'll find a new illness to worry about..
    Are you having therapy to help you with HA ?

Hi Jim

**Am I being silly**

It only natural to have concerns, please don't be to hard on yourself

PLEASE please, don't goggle your symptoms, this will only fuel your anxiety and confuse you even more, what you tend to do when goggling is to find the symptoms that fit yours even if it means missing reading other symptoms out, that you haven't got, like fitting a round peg in a square hole, if you know what I mean. You CANNOT self diagnose, if you know you have health anxiety then Mr Goggle is a NO NO

Right now you have to wait for the appointment, if the testicle pain gets worse you can ask for an emergency appointment at your gp or go the walk in center.

Be king to yourself

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

I've never been offered therapy. I was on citalopram for about 2 years a few years ago, but it didn't help a great deal. I've been given "books on prescription" about anxiety and health anxiety, but they didn't really tell me anything I didn't know before.

Ask for a CBT referral Jim

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I will ask about CBT, but it's always seemed a bit like hypnotism to me, I'm probably way off though.

I've also just noticed that my 'affected' testicle is quite a lot larger than my other, more than I remember. I'm really really hoping it's my mind playing tricks on me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information