Thread: Increased dose

Increased dose

Hi all. This is my first post on here but I've been mooching around the site for years. I've been on 75mg vanlafaxine more on than off for around ten years after a breakdown at 20 after my son was born. I have long periods when I seem to get a long fine but in January this year I had a bit of a setback after a stressful time, anxiety through the roof. I got through it with medication and cbt and life was back to normal. I went on holiday recently not a relaxing one! left my son home too and it all came back to bite me. The doc thinks I've knocked myself off balance a bit, I don't like flying, stressful holiday and routine change (my big issue). He has upped my venlafaxine to 2 a day to be reviewed in a month. I'm a bit wary as I've always got by before, I also know from experience how hard they are to stop (not keen on having even more). I forgot to ask him when to take them. I currently take one in the morning, so should I take the other at night or also in the morning? Any advice appreciated

Re: Increased dose

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=110037

Roxy,

I'm not taking Ven myself but if you click on the above thread and ask your question on there you will get a reply and lots of helpful advice. Lots of lovely, friendly people post on the thread everyday and most are taking Ven. They welcome everyone to the thread, I used to post on there even though I don't take Ven. There are lots of regular posters on there with lots of experience with Ven - have a read, copy what you've written above and they will definitely support you.

Sam

Re: Increased dose

Thanks Sam. I've done that. Looks like a busy thread so I'm sure they'll be able to help x

Thread Information