Thread: Citalopram to Sertraline today - scared

Citalopram to Sertraline today - scared

Hi

I posted on the Citalopram section that I was on week 5 and my anxiety, side effects were still the same.

Went to see the doc today and she advised I should've started to feel a bit better by week 3 or 4....so she's gave me Sertraline to try now.

She said she didn't want to chop n change meds but I'm now scared to take these Incase side effects r worse.

I've been sick past 3 mornings because my nerves are that bad. With citalopram I was still getting anxious tummys n had to go to the loo 2 or 3 times when I woke up. Had shakes, nausea, jaw clenching but I slept ok. Always started to feel bit better at night n took tablet at night.

I really need Sertraline to work for me so I can start eating properly again and lead a normal life. Get anxious even when my phone rings

Will I be ok on this?? Please help

Many thanks
    G

Re: Citalopram to Sertraline today - scared

Hi Glady

sorry you've been feeling so poorly.

It can take a little time for the sertraline to kick in and i'll be very honest- you may get a few side-effects- i think there are not really many meds where you don't get some.

I would recommend you take the sertraline with food. I take mine on a morning as i thought it kept me awake if i took it on an evening- but some people here take it on an evening.

Please let us know how you get on,

best wishs

ccat x

Thanks ccat

With Citalopram I think I've had the majority of side effects, churning tummy, upset tummy, nausea, sick, dizzy, jaw clenching, needing to wee alot...so maybe the Sertraline will b the same or not as bad?!!

How long did it take for u to notice a difference and for ur anxiety to subside?

Gayle x

Hi again Glady

well,i think quite a few people have had the jaw thing on here- i guess everyone is different /

I noticed a felt a bit sick if i took it on an empty stomach - so i would recommend eating something beforehand hun x

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

ps- i would say 2-3 weeks maybes>x

Thank you :-)

I'm getting more depressed each week waiting and hoping for the tabs to kick in. Just want to b able to eat something without feeling anxious or waking up feelin/being sick

Please!!

Ah- I know - its so tough petal .
    A few of us on here were saying mornings are hard. x

Spoke to doc today n she was happy for me to stay on Citalopram until end of this week coz that will b the full 6 weeks on it.

Was sick this morning again...awful. Why do ur nerves makes u so ill...then I struggle the whole day to calm down n struggle to eat...

Help!!!! :-(

I have been on sertraline a few times and I think it's fantastic! It did make me sick the first week...same stomach issues you're talking about now...but it was only temporary. It takes 4-6 weeks to really get in your system but I notice a difference w/in a week or so of starting and all the stomach stuff stops. I agree to take it w/food and during the day. The last time I was on it I had trouble sleeping if I took it at night. Hang in there!

Thread Information