Hello, new to forum, thanks for your time.

I went to see my gp over two weeks ago for migraines, i have suffered with migraines for 9 years, the migraines i get are aura and i also get numbness and pins and needles in face and back of leg.
My gp prescribed propanalol 80 mg per day, After day1 the numbness and dull feelings totally lifted, i felt great and was hopeful my migraines would be a thing of the past or at least few and far between, 17 days into taking propanalol i felt the effects were not as strong and the drug was only lasting maybe 5-7 hours per day, Then i had an attack, a massive attack one of the biggest ive ever had with a massive aura and the migraine was more like concussion, it even turned my stumach and gave me a sickly feeling, the day after i was ok but then the dayafter that i experienced another massive attack, I do feel to blame as i ate a lot of my trigger foods and went driving without my sun glasses, guess i was testing the propanalol to see if it really was working for my migrains, im due to see my gp soon and was wondering if i should ask for a stronger dose or maybe try another beta blocker. whats your views?