Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tailbone pain + blood in stools = I'm terrified

Re: Tailbone pain + blood in stools = I'm terrified

Quote Originally Posted by justice38 View Post

As far as your tailbone pain I had it so bad I would have to stand up or lay down. I could sit sometimes but would have to be careful. You sound so similar to me that I am sure you will get the same diagnosis which will relieve the bulk of your symptoms.

Good luck
    Did your tailbone pain seem to move around a bit? Mine seems to either be slightly to the left of the tailbone or sometimes to the right. Sometimes it seems to be located more in the upper rectum region than the tailbone area. Sorry, I must sound like a madman, but I can't get the image out of my head of a tumor inside of me growing ever bigger...I better stop now because I can feel another anxiety attack coming on

Not long now Joe. A tumor isn't going to cause pain like that - polyps don't cause symptoms and they certainly don't grow fast like you're imagining. Try and do some relaxation techniques - lie down and try and relax each part of your body from your head down. Concentrate on your breathing and when other thoughts come into your mind, let them go, and come back to the breathing and relaxing each muscle group. Then focus on your tailbone and guts and imagine a healing light surrounding them. Keep telling yourself that you're now doing everything you can to take care of yourself - you're doing all the right things, and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinjapan View Post
    Did your tailbone pain seem to move around a bit? Mine seems to either be slightly to the left of the tailbone or sometimes to the right. Sometimes it seems to be located more in the upper rectum region than the tailbone area. Sorry, I must sound like a madman, but I can't get the image out of my head of a tumor inside of me growing ever bigger...I better stop now because I can feel another anxiety attack coming on
    Joe I know it is hard to relax and I could also work myself into a panic. Sometimes my pain moved sometimes it stayed the same but the one thing that was consistent was the inconsistency. I asked the same questions you did during my little run of the C scare. I don't know if you can go look at my old posts or not but that might help. I felt alone no matter how many people were around me and I just knew I was dying. I listened to everyone on here but in my mind I knew I was going to be the one that got the bad news from the doctor. I read posts from people who went through this and came out the other side with good news.

I am not a doctor and would never try to diagnose anyone but your symptoms and your mental state are so similar to mine I almost feel like Im Replying to myself

If you can just hang for a little while you will feel better. I'm sure of it.

Thanks justice. Yes, I've looked at your old posts and see quite a similarity in our situations. But like you say, I'm convinced that by the law of averages I'm going to be the poster on this site who has his worst fears confirmed, because not everybody can get an all clear diagnosis. I can't get over the fact that I've had several episodes of bleeding and tailbone pain over the last year and it must be adding up to something truly horrific. I have this sense of dread every moment of every waking hour, thinking that on Saturday my world will be turned upside down. I know it's a negative frame of mind, but I just can't shake the feeling that this time my number's up...

I know 100% how you're feeling and I was exactly the same. I couldn't even come on this forum in the week or so before the colonoscopy because I was so terrified of everything. I even discussed my funeral etc with my husband. All I can say is, you will get through this. On the morning of the day of the colonoscopy I became strangely calm and sort of zen about it all, and then when I woke up from the colonoscopy i felt really great and just knew everything was okay, even though they hadn't discussed any results with me.

The only advice I can give is to try and keep busy and use mindfulness - look out the window and count how many blue things you can see and for each blue thing think about what it's made out of and the texture of it etc. While you're eating think about the flavour of the food and the colour and the texture when it's in your mouth. I know all this stuff sounds a bit airy fairy, but it really helps you take your mind of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilharry View Post
    I know 100% how you're feeling and I was exactly the same. I couldn't even come on this forum in the week or so before the colonoscopy because I was so terrified of everything. I even discussed my funeral etc with my husband. All I can say is, you will get through this. On the morning of the day of the colonoscopy I became strangely calm and sort of zen about it all, and then when I woke up from the colonoscopy i felt really great and just knew everything was okay, even though they hadn't discussed any results with me.

The only advice I can give is to try and keep busy and use mindfulness - look out the window and count how many blue things you can see and for each blue thing think about what it's made out of and the texture of it etc. While you're eating think about the flavour of the food and the colour and the texture when it's in your mouth. I know all this stuff sounds a bit airy fairy, but it really helps you take your mind of things.
    Thanks, it does help a little to know there are others out there who have gone through similar torments...there is no one around me I can confess these fears too. I keep imagining how they'll all freak out if I'm diagnosed with something terminal, and it justs adds to my stress. Why the hell do I have these thoughts? Other people never seem to be so negative, even when they have worse symptoms than me.

Good luck for today, Joe. I'm sure you'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Lilharry View Post
    Good luck for today, Joe. I'm sure you'll be fine
    Thanks. I had it done yesterday And it only took about 15 minutes. it wasn't as bad as I feared - they did find A polyp about 5mm long in the sigmoid colon and the beginnings of a polyp in the ascending colon. The sigmoid polyp was cut off for a biopsy and I'll get the results next Saturday, hopefully will be nothing too bad. Thank you for all your help and support you really did help me in my darkest moments

That's good that they found it and removed it. I'm sure it won't be anything bad - they can usually tell by looking at them and yours sound small. The ones I had removed were gigantic according to my gastro and he was worried about them because they looked like they were about to turn. Thankfully they were ok.

Thanks Lilharry. Now my HA has focused on my chest and breathing pains - trying not to think the worst about that now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information