Thread: Painless Tiny Lump At Top Of Jaw Under Ear - Lymphoma?

Painless Tiny Lump At Top Of Jaw Under Ear - Lymphoma?

Hi everyone.

A good 6 months ago I had a spot that comes and goes at the top of my jaw, just under the ear. It swelled up like a heat rash/mosquito bite then seems to go away. I've just noticed though that its still there but in the form of a lump. It's not noticeable from looking at me but you can feel it. It's fairly tiny, less than pea sized I'd say and it's not painful and I can move it about almost.

I googled and that was a bad idea, lump and google = mass hysteria and now I'm under the idea its a lymphoma

I'm due to see my GP next week but I'm getting very worked up about it now and thinking I should get an emergency appointment.

Anyone else had this?

Re: Painless Tiny Lump At Top Of Jaw Under Ear - Lymphoma?

It's very unlikel to be lymphoma. Some routine bloods with your doctor should put your mind at rest.

I get things like that sometimes - my ears are pierced and have been for a few years, yet they still can get irritated if I sleep on them too often or bump them; that lump is usually consistent with my piercing being fussy. It sounds the same, and it's in the exact same place. And since yours seems to come and go, I'm inclined to think it's a similar occurrence.

I will tell you I've also had a lump behind my left year for over 10 years now. It's smooth, hard, and movable. I was scared to -death- that it was cancer. I have another under my jaw actually, which is basically the same but it's softer to the touch instead of being hard. I've had it for about as long.

Anyway, they always tell you that lump = cancer, but that is NOT always the case. My doc felt mine and ran bloodwork, and that, coupled with as long as I've had them (it took me awhile to go in, as when I discovered them I was about 11 and absolutely panicked) pretty much determined that it was nothing major. He thought it was maybe a lymph node that swelled and just stayed that way.

I do agree - see a doc. But calm down, as it's probably going to be just fine.

It could just be a fluid filled cyst or a lymph node, it's very common for the ones under your ears and along your neck to swell up.

Thread Information