Thread: Coming off effexor and starting it over again

Coming off effexor and starting it over again

I was taking effexor 75 mg a day and went down to 51 mg and then to 37.5 mg. After 2 weeks, I started gradually feeling more anxious, irritable (holly molly) and panicky. I finally had an atttack last week and decided to go back to 51 mg. I am still feeling waves of nausea and anxiety and still feeling a little irritable.

Has anyone ever experience this: tappering and tehn having to increase your dosage again: when does it get better?

Nini

As with all antidepressants, the effects vary from person to person. I have been on effexor for 6 years on and off. Once I felt good enough to come off them I was weaned off them by the doc over a period of 2 weeks. It didnt effect me bad at all, I actually felt good in those 2 weeks. After it I felt great for about 2 months till things got on top of me again and I went back on them. Have been on them ever since but wana come off them again. Long term effexor use isnt good me thinks.:(

I was on effexor for 4 years, i weaned myself off over a year, 1 every 2 days, seems mad i know but it worked. Finally in January this year i came off them for good. Nine months it lasted, today i started taking Citalopram because i refused to go back on the effexor, i was so drowsy and what i thought was worse - sweaty.

I don't think it's uncommon to go back up on the dosage, we've got to remember that the drug is not a cure but only a mask. So if you take part of the mask away you see through to the surface. Mabye you are not ready to come off effexor. Have you been to see someone to get to the root cause? Mabye this would prepare you for coming off effexor.

----Time exists just on your wrists so don't panic ----

Thread Information