Thread: side effects still 3 wks after increase?

side effects still 3 wks after increase?

Hi all
    hope you are all ok. any advice much appreciated. sorry if i'm repeating myself.sorry for long post
    Ok-briefly for ages i have had occassional slight shakiness in my left arm. This combined with one sided headaches led me to have an mri scan about 6 months ago- that was ok. I started to get anxiety about my health though.

A few months ago i got made redundant- that seemed to make my anxiety go through the roof- not eating or sleeping. dr put me on sert-50mg- i had never been on anti-ds before. I got some side-effects- numbness- pins and neddles, night sweats etc- and also i felt it had made my arm shakiness worse.

however, i was eating and sleeping better so i continued. Then i had to go to hospital for a nerve test (still awaiting result) - this seemed to set me back again - dr upped dose to 100mg. at first didn't think i had side-effects- maybe just pins and needles worse agin bu t have woke in nigth a few times with shakiness in both arms and across upper back/shoulders- dr wants me to persist- trouble is this shakiness is terryfying me- please can anyone relate? M dr is on holiday this week - i almost feel i wish i'd never started thm sometimes .

best wishes, CCat xxx

Re: side effects still 3 wks after increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Ccat View Post
    Hi all
    hope you are all ok. any advice much appreciated. sorry if i'm repeating myself.sorry for long post
    Ok-briefly for ages i have had occassional slight shakiness in my left arm. This combined with one sided headaches led me to have an mri scan about 6 months ago- that was ok. I started to get anxiety about my health though.

A few months ago i got made redundant- that seemed to make my anxiety go through the roof- not eating or sleeping. dr put me on sert-50mg- i had never been on anti-ds before. I got some side-effects- numbness- pins and neddles, night sweats etc- and also i felt it had made my arm shakiness worse.

however, i was eating and sleeping better so i continued. Then i had to go to hospital for a nerve test (still awaiting result) - this seemed to set me back again - dr upped dose to 100mg. at first didn't think i had side-effects- maybe just pins and needles worse agin bu t have woke in nigth a few times with shakiness in both arms and across upper back/shoulders- dr wants me to persist- trouble is this shakiness is terryfying me- please can anyone relate? M dr is on holiday this week - i almost feel i wish i'd never started thm sometimes .

best wishes, CCat xxx
    Hi Ccat,

Sorry you are having a tough time, hopefully you will get your results back soon and that will put your mind at rest. Rooting for you and hope that they will be all fine.

I was wondering if the shakiness could be the medication, as I found I was very shaky when I first started on the Sertraline, this has settled down, but I think most of my trembling is due to my anxiety not being under control. I remember a while back I found it very difficult to carry a cup of tea without spilling it, as my hands were so shaky. I am a lot better now though, although my anxiety has not improved much. Think trembling was mentioned as a side effect on the scary leaflet that comes in the box, best not read it unless you have a serious reaction though.

Take care of yourself, and I hope you have a better day. Sorry to "hog" your post, and I am very grateful for your replies to mine, means a lot to me.

Love J xxx

I had that when I started and it still happens.

Hope you feel better.

Thank you J and NR

I had an especially bad "shaky arm" day yesterday - but i was not feeling too well generally- bad earache- and it turns out i have got an infection- so have antibiotics - so perhaps that wasn't helping either! x

i do have moments where i wish id never started anti-ds- as i find it very hard to know what symptoms are "real" and what might be "just" side-effects- its blinking confusing! xxx

Yeah, can relate. Hang in there.

Thread Information