Thread: Panic because of HIV

Panic because of HIV

Hi guys. I am freaking out because of what I am about to tell.
    About 4 days ago, I had a potential risk of get HIV. Since then, I am depressed and paranoic.

Here's what happened: I met a girl that had a lot of parters. I had oral contact with her groin (not actually the vagina, just the region where the pubic hair are). I didn't use condom, but there was no kind of fluids yet (The region was dry). There was no penetration either. I had oral contact with her breast too, but that was all.

By the way, she told me that she had not HIV, and she was very confidant when she said that. But, who knows?

There is a pill that prevents the HIV infection if you take it in at least 72 hous after you had the contact. I went to a doctor and I am tooking the pills. She told me that my risk of infection is low (0,05% she said). But I am still worried. I never done that before and, even with the low risk, I am about to explode. It's hard to wait for the exam day.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. English is not my native language.

Re: Panic because of HIV

Up.

Your doctor is right, the chances of infection are next to zero. In order to get HIV you need to exchange bodily fluids and it's more difficult for a man to get it than a woman. Essentially you haven't been exposed to anything that anyone else could of been exposed to in everyday life (e.g. imagine a HIV infected woman being in contact with her own parts and then shaking your hand or making you a sandwich?).

You don't have HIV, maybe ask yourself why you are so worried about this, is something else on your mind?

I told exactly what hapenned there. This situation lasted 3, 4 minutes. But the main problem is the paranoia.

I am like: I had unprotect oral contact with her pubic hair area, but could be enough fluids there to infect someone? Then I think: "there was no fluids yet, she was dry! I" and then I red that HIV don't survive for a long time outside the human body, so if there was no penetration (orally), how could I be infected? I may have some small wounds on my mouth and I come back from the top, you know?

Does it make any sense? This keep coming back to me over and over. And the side effects of PEP are not helping at all.

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

Even though she said she had not HIV or other STDs, even though she had a lot of sexual partners, she told me she is very careful with her health. But I can't get it out of my mind.

I understand what happened to you but this is highly unlikely to transmit HIV. You should focus more on why this is bothering you so much, clearly you don't have HIV.

I am on psychological treatment after that. I don't know why it bothers me that much, I just have tendency to think the worse in every situation, that "what if" that keeps coming back, no matter what people say. I am already a paranoic person, and for several reasons I was depressed before that happens. I am now an automatic human being, doing automatic tasks, you know? The only thing that calms me down is listen some music. But when it stops, its like: yeah, here we go again. it's a vicious circle.

Thread Information