Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mindfulness FREE on the NHS!!!!!

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Re: Mindfulness FREE on the NHS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kells81 View Post
    Can't travel too far from home at the moment due to my agoraphobia-otherwise I would have said 'it's a date Sarah!'
    Well it's in September...so if you change your mind...

Hi Sarah,

I did a mindfulness course last year via nhs in my area Manchester, but mine was via mental health team. It was for 8 weeks once a week,it's very relaxing if you can get into the zone! I came away with worksheet info and about 4 cds.

Sounds good to me Clio

Thanks for posting this. I have a mindfulness book and cd that has helped me, but I would realy like to do a course as I still find it very difficult to cope with a lot of thoughts.

I found a mindfulness cbt course on my local (Suffolk) MH website, it is only for people who have had more than 3 depressive episodes.

Can't help but feel it would be cost effective to offer it a whole lot sooner, quite apart from making some people's lives an awful lot better.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/stress-...ndfulness.aspx

This is a bit about mindfulness therapy. Obviously to see if there are therapists in your area you'd need to ask GP or local mental health people.

It should be free all over the country as this is a national initiative. I suggest people who are interested contact their local Mental Health Team

I am waiting for the next Mindfulness course to be held in the Autumn through my health authority. I have a space reserved just need the dates.
    I have spoken to someone today about mindfulness and she thinks that it would be ideal for me because of my history and problem. I did the first bit of the relaxtion and breathing with her and am looking forward to it hopefully being what I need.
    I have just started reading Ruby Wax's book and she has studied mindfulness and apparently it is the technique over everything else that she has studied and tried that has helped her the most through her various mental issues.
    Let's hope we can all have the opportunity to get on these mindfulness courses and help ourselves improve our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPod View Post
    I am waiting for the next Mindfulness course to be held in the Autumn through my health authority. I have a space reserved just need the dates.
    I have spoken to someone today about mindfulness and she thinks that it would be ideal for me because of my history and problem. I did the first bit of the relaxtion and breathing with her and am looking forward to it hopefully being what I need.
    I have just started reading Ruby Wax's book and she has studied mindfulness and apparently it is the technique over everything else that she has studied and tried that has helped her the most through her various mental issues.
    Let's hope we can all have the opportunity to get on these mindfulness courses and help ourselves improve our lives.
    I am so glad someone else has mentioned her book I was beginning to think I was going a little crazy

I really really struggled with mindfulness. It sounded great but I couldn't get away with it.

I'd love to give it another go so this is great to know as I know a few people who've really done well with it

What problems did you have with it Chester? If you want to chat about it I'm happy to as I and some others have made great changes with it
    I'm not sure about it as "a therapy" though...mindfulness can't be approached with the view to fixing oneself. You have to be open-minded and shed the baggage of anxiety first.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information