Thread: Relapse

Relapse

I went through a program last year that took about 6 months and really helped me. I was able to manage the pa and all the anxiety. About 6 months ago I was also able to get off meds. I've been doing great! Then the last week I've had some issues w/my job, thinking I might have to change jobs and it's caused me to sort of spiral again. It's so frustrating! I feel like I'm starting from scratch. Has anyone else had a setback? Is it easier to pull yourself out of it? Very frustrated right now!!

Re: Relapse

I have had two major setbacks in my recovery. They meant I was unable to get to work on my own and had to rely on family and colleagues for lifts into work. At the time of the first setback I didn't know if I was ever going to get back to normal - it was a horrible experience. But I recovered completely within a few weeks.

The second setback was two weeks before my wedding. With a strong will and a lot of support I made a near full recovery by the end of those two weeks. So it is certainly possible! You will find it is quicker to get back to normal after a setback than it was to get into the 'feeling great' position in the first place. Just keep making small steps.

I've had the same, I'm 32 now but three yrs ago I was in a real bad place after loosing a very close family member and my partner misscarrying and also worry about my job I felt like I would never get back to normal but things did after a while. well I say that I must of spent hrs and hrs at the docs thinking there was more things wrong with me than just anxiety.... But I was feeling quite good, I've had the odd little wobble but nothing major until about 3wks ago my mom has started suffering with anxiety real bad after having a scare about her health and also my mother- in- law is going through the mill, so with that my anxiety has flared up again I feel like I can't get away from it but in the back of my mind I know I will, I just need to get things under controll again all the best

I'm actually already feeling a little better than I was yesterday. I had a HORRIBLE night last night but been much better today. I don't think this relapse will make me have to start from square 1. Yesterday just had me very frustrated and anxiety ridden!! Thanks guys!

Thread Information