Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortage of Men in this forum as admins

Shortage of Men in this forum as admins

Hi there I am a newbie here and have noticed a big shortage of male admins in this Forum or maybe I am wrong
    I would volunteer to give a male perspective on most topics and in particular there is a big need for Guys to stop suffering and get help
    Its a male thing to not admit to panic or anxiety
    But the sooner that sufferers come open about their compaint the sooner they can be helped

Donno about you but I find women more understanding
    Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

Hi,

I'm the only male admin on here and so feel obliged to reply

I think part of the reason I was appointed was because previously all the admins were ladies. There seems to be a perception that we are in a special position to give out sound advice, but really we are no wiser than any other member who follows this forum on a regular basis.

However, any member can give their perspective on any topic irrespective of whether they are admin or not. I see much of my role as checking on the conduct of the forum.

I think its quite noticeable that most of the posts here are by women, although we have a good percentage of male members, but a great proportion of them have a tendency to stay in the background. I suppose that's part of the male "I can cope by myself" thing.

If you, or anyone else feels the need to discuss a point with me, please feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Clickaway - its nice to know I am not alone here ...lol
    I guess if more men would admit they even have a feminine side there would be a lot less suffering in the world
    My female CBT therapist says a man isnt a man unless he can cry then his next step is to admit he can cry ..what wise wise words from her young shoulders

Keep up the good works

LIFES A BEACH THEN THE TIDE COMES IN

Hi,

Wise words indeed. I'm in touch with my feminine side. Every yoga class I go to I am the token bloke (in dodgy leopard skin leotard I might add, but we won't go over that again!).
    Having said that, there are one or two more appearing these days so it takes the pressure off!!

Personally, I don't care what sex I'm dealing with (well there are cetain times when I do but again that's probably best left there!! [:I][^]).

Even though men have bigger brains I find that advice given by either sex is equally helpful.

Cheers,
    Trev

Sound post by Trev as always - it is hard to take you seriously though hun when my image of you is leaping around in a leopard skin leotard!! (But as you say we will leave that there - what did we start!!!)

Even harder to take seriously is Ray now, ever since he told the story of Thora on quiz night!!!!!

I guess I am the most professional admin on here if we discount my pringle addiction and fondness for chickpea necklaces!

I have just had to explain to a cooker repair man why and how a phial of perfume came to be in the back of my cooker! Whilst he found it most amusing at over £40 I didn't find it quite so funny!!!! I can't even blame the piglets for this one!

Piglet xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi there, I think we are all open to any advice from either sex.I had not even thought of it before, just that I got the help when I needed it??? As for Trev. oh my lordy!!! what a sight eh? as for men's brains being bigger, is that why they all have such big heads??? now as for Piglet? Please tell all....hope no offence caused am in a silly old fool mood again, they will put me back in the cupboard at 4. xxxjean

LOL !

Im sat here just visualising Trev in his dodgy leopard skin leotard!

Wish i went to the same yoga class as Trev ! What a treat that would be ! LOL

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

LOL this thread has brightened my day lol
    Keeping a sense of humour is vital at times - humour does much to stave off the glums

LIFES A BEACH THEN THE TIDE COMES IN

Jean I honestly wasn't trying to make the cooker smell nice!

A big welcome to the site Lladdis

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information