Thread: Activated Charcoal

Activated Charcoal

Hello everyone,

Just bought a tub of these capsules from Holland & Barrett to help with my acidy tummy as there always seems to be a link between this and my anxiety. I have taken Lansoprazole (prescribed) in the past but it has never really made much of an impact.

Anyone had any experiences with activated charcoal? Good or bad, effective or ineffective?

Contributions much appreciated. Thanks,
    Peter

Re: Activated Charcoal

Hi Peter I haven't tried the charcoal but I do use DGL liquorice chewable tablets. I have one before every meal and its stops the unpleasant feelings I used to get after eating. My problem now is with night time reflux. I take omeprazole but still get acid coming up into my mouth through the night.

I hope the charcoal tabs work for you, please let us know how you get on. If not give the. DGL liquorice a go.

Good luck!

The charcoal will change the colour of your poo so don't freak out when you see it.

It will help absorb toxins. Bentonite clay is supposed to be very good this also.

I haven't tried charcoal before but I'm researching black seed at the time and some people said it helped with their acid reflux. You can check it out to see if it might work for you.

Hmm, the charcoal did not seem to have a major effect and I have stopped using it. Once again, I think I was just looking for an easy answer and treating a symptom (i.e. acid reflux) rather than the cause (i.e. my anxiety).

At the same time, all of us acid reflux-anxiety sufferers know that it is a vicious circle and I guess it's perfectly natural to look for anything to relieve the acid symptoms so I would be willing to give the DGL liquorice a go. Any idea where you get it from?

Thanks,
    Peter

Thread Information