Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 weeks on fluoxetine and feeling worse than ever :(

Re: 3 weeks on fluoxetine and feeling worse than ever :(

I am still staying with my mum. I feel bad to even do that :( I can't stop crying and don't want to eat. I can't even get up out of bed today. I just feel so weak and pathetic. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so I will see what they say. I just can't imagine going on feeling this way.

This exactly how I felt just under a year ago now, exactly as you are describing it, I did not realised that it was the pills making me feel like this as I did not find this forum until I was 4 weeks, I absolutely hit rock bottom and can totally get where you are coming from, just take it in small steps an hour at a time or even a minute, I know 6 weeks seems like an age away but you will feel better. have you anything to help you through I am on propanolol slow release which really helps and I did have some diazapam which lookig back i wished i had used more to help me through the really bad times, there is loads of support on here and it really helped m reading the success stories and knowing that there were others who were feeling just like me. xx

I have woken up again so panicky and feeling so low. The feeling in my stomach is worse than ever. I just feel like I don't want to be alive anymore. I feel so guilty and ashamed of being so pathetic. I can't do anything for myself. I don't want to feel like this anymore. I don't know what to do.

I'd encourage you to talk to your doctor about changing meds. Maybe another medication would work for you. It's normal to go through what you are describing, but after reading your thread, I'm worried about how you are handling it. If you can hang with it I believe it can and will work, but if you don't believe you're improving at all after 3 weeks, maybe start discussing other options.

Hang in there, you CAN beat this.

rhpanic - This will pass. Sometimes in life we find ourselves in these positions and need to have faith and also rely on others. It is hard I know. It seems at times like it is the impossible thing to do. All you have to do is just open the door and let it begin. It will pass. That is guaranteed. I was thinking of times years ago when I lived with depression and anxiety for extended periods of time fueling myself with massive doses of benzos. That was not the answer but it was before many of the current medications. There are solutions out there but it is hard when one wants to feel better now. It will happen for you I am sure of it. Just hang in there, moment to moment if necessary. You will see the light.

Thank you everyone. I saw the doctor today and he has upped my fluoxetine dose to 40mg a day so I will have to see how that goes. Still not strong enough to be at home on my own. I wish I could just be better now it is such a frustrating feeling. The guilt of not being able to cope is horrible. I can see that it's just about taking things slowly and trying not to be too hard on myself. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Unfortunately today has been the worst day so far. I have cried all day just lieing in bed. I feel so sick and don't want to eat or get up. I feel so awful. It's my second day of my upped dose of fluoxetine from 20mg to 40mg as directed by my GP. Could this just be the fluoxetine making me feel like this? I feel worse than ever and really feel like I can't carry on. I am still staying with my mum and my fiancé will be visiting me tonight as he has been working away so that is something to look forward to but I can't stop feeling so low and panicky.

Rhpanic, upping your dose is probably similar to starting for the first time, in that you will feel worse before you get better. GP's unfortunately don't have much knowledge on depression and anxiety unless they have looked into it for other reasons, in my opinion.

Take comfort in the fact that you are taking steps to work out your problems, have a loving support network, and also that you may be experiencing temporary exacerbation of symptoms due to starting.prozac and changing dose.

Take your time and try to stay busy. Even walking in the garden is better than lying I'm bed. Dig deep you can do it.

Thank you. It's bad again this morning. Woke up shaking and panicking and just wanting this all to end. I hope I can get through this, it is just such an empty horrible feeling at the moment. I know I am lucky to have all this support around me to help me pull through. Today's goal was to have a cup of tea and eat some porridge and I have managed that (as stupid and little as it sounds) I may go to the supermarket with my mum later if I'm feeling like I can so again that would be another step forward. A long way to go but I am trying.

Good for you. Don't sell your achievements short. Be proud of them everyday it doesnt matter whether someone else would think it trivial. You will get through it one day at a time, just do your best to be positive and acknowledge that you are in no danger and your feelings have a root cause (distressing thoughts) which can and will change.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information