Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Simone

Great news about the date!! Where is all the juicy gossip then lol.

We will all be behind you for next week ok?

You can come here anytime and get the uplift you need to keep you going ok?

Good luck ok
    xx

Nicola

Hi,

Not been very good last couple of days been on a low and negative thoughts are too strong to overcome .
    I couldn't face work today, was in a right state this morning. Felt like it was my first day at school.
    I hate these feelings and i get so angry with myself.

Why cant i just lead a normal life and cope!

I went to see a therapist today, she called this morning as she had a cancellation and it was my first visit, i wasn't going to go just wanted to curl up and stay indoors, didn't even want to wash and get ready. I went with my mum, who waited outside and explained everything to the therapist about whats just happened in my personal life and about the panic and anxiety attacks. I'm now going to get some CBT which i'm positive about and i've been booked in for the next 6 weeks a session a week.
    I should have had this years ago.

I dont know when i'm going to be able to get back to work, i so want to go as staying at home wont help me either, but i'm not strong enough at the mo to face it and everyone.

I forgot to ask the therapist but does anyone know if i/we are entitled to any financial help whilst i'm not at work?
    I've already been off for 3 weeks and although they are understanding i'm not entitled to sick pay as i haven't been there long enough.

I can never plan anything as i dont know how i'm going to feel from one day to the next. I'm so fed up of feeling up and down all the time.
    I feel guilty if i'm having a good day as i feel i should be at work. (does that make sense?)
    I know i'm on the right road to feel better, but i feel under pressure to get back to work. Dont want to lose my job as i like it.

Sorry to go on,

Hope everyone is not too bad?
    Thanks so much for reading this.
    Take care simone.x.

Hi Simone

Today may not have been so good but I think you are definately on the right road - you are taking really positive steps towards overcoming your panic which is great news. Its easy to be impatient, I know that as soon as I began treatment I wanted to be better straight away but its going to take a little time.

Don't feel guilty about having a good day - for every good day you have you are a step nearer to getting back to work and getting your life back on track. Its good that you have understanding employers too.

One step at a time and you will get there - well done you for showing such determination to overcome your anxiety, thats a really important factor and I'm sure with such a good attitude you're going to do just fine.

Remember we're all here to help and that you're never alone.

Take care
    Love Jo xx

Hi Simone

You are certainly taking the right positive steps to overcoming all your fears. Take one day at a time and before you know it you will be having more good days than bad days, try keeping a journal and then when you read it back in a few weeks you will see how you have improved. Try not to worry about work and concentrate on getting yourself better.
    We are all here for you whenever you need to chat.

Take care chuck !

Elaine xxx

Hi simone if you have sick notes for the last 3 weeks most of the time u can claim ssp from the benifits agency its only around £60-£65 per week but every penny helps =o)

hi simone,
    just wanted to say hello, ive been offline for a couple of weeks so didnt get chance to welcome you before
    hope today is one of your better ones

xxx grace

Hi Simone,

You may not be fit enough to back to work for full days but how about half days ..

Or - whilst you are at home make yourself do some constructive things , like plan - yes plan - with yourself that you will go to the shop or meet someone easy and understanding for coffee. Small things that only you know about, but try to keep to them and keep yourself disciplined and going out daily .

Glad you're getting CBT , its great therapy and such a positive step for you.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

hello simone welcome to this wonderful site as you can see its full of fab info and great people take care have a good weekend from mary

Hi Simone,

I've just joined up and it's unreal that there is someone suffering from exactly the same as me! I have had panic attacks for 12years and I too have my safe places (my car and home). Sometimes I wonder what life would be like without having anxiety. The worst thing for me is being scared of having an attack and people staring at me saying"what's he doing?"

On the CBT side of things, it has helped me immensely these past 6 months and I'm sure, like you, have tried lots of things over the years to help. I have been on medication (citralopram) but I dont believe in it really. I have a bottle of diazepam which I take with me but more as a backup comfort thing.

I have my next CBT session on Tuesday. The plan was for me to go on the London Eye as a test before going on a plane (which I am scared about -not just the plane bit but not being able to get home easily after!)
    but I bottled it. It's the first thing I haven't done but i'll talk it thru with my therapist & discuss why. I have come a long way since starting CBT and done 6 things with 6 months ago I would have said no way!

I have a 2 week holiday in a weeks time and I'm worried about wasting it. I'm pushing myself to go on a plane to Paris but I get to the Expedia website and dont hit send, I just look. I want to do it, I just think about the what if's and being away from home.

I've gone on a bit but what I wanted to say was "Hello" and You're not alone (it just took me about 500 words to say it!)

Tommy xx

Tommy,

I found Alton Towers a brilliant place for self CBT as the rides were short but still restrictive .

Also the cable cars were a shorter version of the London Eye.

I threw up at least 3 times during the day from fear but ended up doing Nemesis 6 times and loving it as I had always done previously.

I went again the next week and sailed through every one of the rides and cable cars, the London Eye was several weeks on from that and then a plane ....

Its rough but doable. I did self CBT.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information