Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello everyone

Thanks Tommy,

It does help knowing your not alone and that others understand.

I know exactly what you mean its a case of we want to do all these things but that fear, panic, all the negative thoughts just get in the way.
    I find it so frustrating at times.

I'm very positive about having CBT and i'm glad that its helped you.

You've done really well, dont be too hard on yourself as you will be able to hit that send button without thinking twice about it soon.

I just know at the mo i wouldn't even get as far as looking into the website, as i know i just couldn't do it.
    There's loads of places i'd love to visit. Never mind maybe one day?
    Well done you!!

Simone.x.

WOW, Meg!!! You sound like one seriously brave and determined cookie to say the least. I know from experience just how much it takes out of you to do the things you fear most and the fact that you went back the following week is just unreal.

Simone - I think you'll find CBT a huge help with getting back on track. I did it about 18mths ago and was able to do loads of things I never dreamt of being able to do again. Unfortunately, like Sarah I have relapsed for various reasons but I'm picking myself up and setting myself small targets each day.

Tommy - It sounds like our fears are very similar from what I've read and we've suffered for the same amount of time. Might have to send you a PM so we can compare notes. Where abouts do you live? Its just you said you went to London and I was wondering how far you travelled to get there. Dont be too hard on yourself about the 'London Eye' thing, that would be hard for alot of people let alone people like us.

Best foot forward everyone

Caroline
    x

Caroline,

It was awful the first day but I knew 'no pain no gain' and the second time was a such a great feeling of success.

I went with my partner and another friend who let me get on with it and who chattered amongst themselves when needed and were good at distraction when needed and stood by with bags, rr and lavender oil. Garys hands were squeezed to a pulp.

I hadn't had anxiety and panic for years and years. Came suddenly following a run of bereavements and adrenal exhaustion.

I had a terrible (don't we all) few months initially , then did okish but I reckon it was only about after a good year that I really figured out how best to help myself.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

Meg, that is so spooky! My fiancee suggested that we go to Alton Towers next week during our 2 week holiday. I'm up for that!

Being strapped in is a good test because you are not in control and it's only for a short period. There is also a cable car trip nearby called the Heights of Abraham. Last year I got to the admission desk but bottled it and I'm determined to revisit with greater success! Maybe I'll even treat myself to an ice cream after...

Caz Fab Pants (are they by the way and what colour?) - I live down in Littlehampton on the Sussex coast so London is 1hr 30 away for me. I started with what I felt managable and had a day off and took a train to Bognor 20mins away. The feeling when I walked round the town without my car parked close was great! The feeling of success when I have achieved something new is amazing. The key is to approach things is in bite size chunks. Ok so I have come to a stumbling block around the London Eye but I just have to be positive. My partner is very understanding and supportive which helps but I feel I am holding her back in terms of travelling. I am not going to push myself until I am ready tho'. If you want some help or advice just let me know. Be great to hear from you!

Tommy xx

Tommy,

Try the cable cars at Alton Towers first as they're shorter than the Heights of Abraham .. not that nearby !
    If you're up this way on holiday certainly nearby enough for another day of holiday though but not same day near by.

You can start on the swans at AT and work your way aound ... Actually it starts with the mono rail into the site .

Its best to do this progressively and thoroughly now than bodge it and need to do it all again later.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

Hiya Tommy

Ohhh dont talk to me about Littlehampton. I was away with my girly mates on holiday there when I had my 1st massive panic.....lol

My friend's parents have a holiday cottage down there and everytime she tells me she is going there she says 'we are going down to LLL...llllll..LLLittle...well you know that place...lol'

Its a beautiful place though and I have been back to the 'scene of the crime' since

love Sarah
    xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information