Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jaw clenching!

jaw clenching!

hiya, i have dizzy and uneasy balance spells, i find myself clenching my jaw all the time, does anyone get this at all?

The jaw clenching is one of my classics!!

Doing this though leads to tension headaches with me, so I now make a real effort to drop my jaw regularly during the day (can be quite a sight for anyone watching me) )!

Try it and think of me doing it too!! Perhaps we could team up and make it a double act!!

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Make that a trio as I do this too . In fact I often don't even realise I am doing it sometimes until I notice that I am clenching tightly and then I make an effort to relax my jaw. It's quite a common thing to do. This sometimes leads to neck tightness with me that can make me feel lightheaded. I sometimes get tension headaches from that and my neck too.

Take care, you're not alone with this,

Lisa x

I have my jaw so tense that I actually feel like there is a huge amount of pressure that rises along my face and my ears seem blocked. I open my mouth really wide and listen for a crack and am always stretching it.

TT

Oh yes, to the dizziness and the jaw clenching. When I am particularly tense I chew gum now. It seems to help. I also eat several little meals each day to keep my blood sugar up. It helps me not feel so dizzy. I also try not to get up so fast when I've been lying down or sitting. I hope you feel better soon.

http://www.livedtotell.com

I'll join the "jaw clenchers" too!

Hubby says I also grind my teeth terribly when I'm asleep. Little wonder that my teeth and gums are very painful during the day :(

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Hi its really interesting that so many people are saying this; I've had jaw tension for years and now I have dizziness; then i read on the internet that TMJD (jaw tension) is linked with dizziness; feel the angle of your jaw and see how close it is to your ear (ie balance mechanisms). I'm going to put a poll on the general board to try and establish how likely it is that this is the cause, so please go on and vote in it. This would be really encouraging if there is a connection, as there IS something that can be done about the jaw; go to your dentist and get a mouth guard fitted; you wear this at night to stop u grinding your teeth.

A good friend of mine has been given a guard to wear over her teeth at night - it turned out to be such a good contraceptive that she has been able to come off the pill!

So girls if you really don't feel like it tonight just put your mouth guard in your mouth (where else [Duh!] [:I]) and smile at your partner!! Sorted!!!

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

hmm i do that and think it must cause tension headaches i get... i never notice it .. only on my way home from work in the car.

i think it does damage the coating on your teath over time..

quite common though

I'm ashamed to say that I don't do dentists [:I][:I][:I]

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information