Thread: Bad day

Bad day

I'm on day 6 of citalopram, no real problems so far (dry mouth, few headaches but no increas in anxiety) that is until today. It probably doesn't help that I've been sitting on a train since eight o clock this morning.

Felt like I was about to pass out at one point, I'm feeling nervous, shaky, keep checking my pulse every few minutes. Train is really overcrowded and I feel sick.

Please let the next few hours pass quickly so I can get off this damn things :(

Re: Bad day

6 days aint a long time, ive been on cit for 3 months, had loads of side effects, but feel better, not fantastic but better, stick with it, good luck

Re: Bad day

That's rough. Yes, you're probably in the worst of it. For me, week 2 was a pain. I felt very anxious and jittery and wired/tired. And being in a room or train or car by yourself can make it harder, My suggestion is to try to get out and socialize, even if you don;t want to. The mere act of speaking with someone and telling them how you feel can be very therapeutic.

At this stage, the key is to develop and rely on your support group (family/friends/docs), embrace any distractions you can- especially exercise, and try to develop a longer-term view that gets you out of the minute-to-minute thinking. For example, you might try to imagine feeling better in a month or so and rewarding yourself with a nice trip somewhere. Anything that helps you imagine longer-term progress can be helpful.

It is very unhelpful to think day-to-day at this stage; you have to be adamant with yourself not to allow that.

And if you do develop acute anxiety attacks then speak with your doc about it- they may be able to give you something to knock those back as needed, for the first few weeks.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information